Eurostars Mediterranea Plaza
Hospes Amerigo(Alicante)
US$195
US$185
  • Pool
Hotel Castilla Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$61
Hotel Mio Cid(Alicante)
US$59
  • Pool
Hotel Maya Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$88
US$84
US$77
All reviewstown hall squareoverlooking the squaregreat locationold townroof terracesmall gym and saunagreat view of the castlenoisy at nightbars and restaurantstop floormini barside streetnice hotelthe bustapassanta barbara castlesmall balcony
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I wanted a hotel in the old part of Alicante, and the location was great, very close to restaurants, a short walk to the shopping areas (although I admit I detest shopping,) and close to the beaches. The room was clean and comfortable, but lighting was not very good. The bathroom sink had large cracks in it. I could not turn on the shower. When I asked for help (in Spanish) from the front desk staff that evening, they said I would have to wait for maintenance the next day. I insisted I needed to shower and wash my hair that night, and the two young women then accompanied to my room. Neither initially could get the shower to work, but then one of them turned off the water, lifted the shower handle, and turned the water on afterwards...not a good experience to say the least. Also fearing they may think I broke the sink, I inquired about that, and they said the man who had stayed there the previous day had broken it. I don't know why they would put someone in the room in that shape. Additionally they were doing major construction work in the plaza just outside the hotel, making it very noisy. Absent the construction and bathroom issues, the hotel was nice, good price and location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DawnStarr
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our stay in this supposedly 4* hotel was littered with problems fro the moment we arrived.
The hotel toilets were out of order and when I opened my doors to my private terrace a workman was standing 2 feet away from me looking straight into my bedroom. The work went on from 9 in the morning until 10 at night. I asked for a bucket of ice to chill the prosecco that I had ordered and after 45 minutes room service had not delivered it my husband went down to reception to get the ice himself. When he asked reception why the ice had not been delivered he was told they had rang room service maid and she had not answered her phone, but no one had bothered to chase the request up. My husband asked for the ice and said he would bring it up, they then had to get someone from out the back of reception to go out of the hotel and get ice from a shop or a bar. The rooms were shoddy and the hotel needed an overall revamp and a good clean. Poor service poor staff poor hotel would not recommend it at all.

Room Tip: don't bother go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCBQ2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have just returned from a weeks stay in Alicante. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beach and lots of great restaurants. The hotel staff were friendly on check in and throughout our stay. The room was comfy and clean. The room had a small balcony (standing only) with a beautiful view over the square and the castle. I cannot fault the hotel room or the staff but unfortunately the noise in the square at night time really upset my holiday. We were woken up 4 nights out of the 6 nights by people shouting and fighting in the square. The noise went on for 2-3 hours at a time. I know this is not exactly the hotels fault but some better quality windows in the room would help block out the noise. I was on the 5th floor so even though the room was high up I was still woken up. The noise seems to echo around the square making it seem louder again. If you are a heavy sleeper or request a room at the street side of the hotel then this is the hotel for you as the location is excellent.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the square if possible. You will lose out on a fantastic view but will get a good nights sleep instead. There is a viewing terrace on the top floor of the hotel that overlooks the square and castle.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gillian S
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I booked this hotel based on location and good Trip Advisor rating and wasn't disappointed with my 7 night stay. The hotel is set on a pleasant plaza, literally a couple of minutes walk from a good beach and there are dozens of bars and restaurants closer still. Staff were friendly and spoke good English, breakfast buffet was reasonable and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The only issue I had during my stay was the occassional bit of noise from the street late at night (drunk people shouting at each other) but this was not every night and with the air conditioning on it kind of covered this noise over anyway. The building next door appears to be undergoing a lot of building work but I never once heard any noise from there. If you do stay here be sure to go up to the roof terrace as it has a good view of the castle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked this hotel as we had seen it on our previous trip to Alicante and liked the location which was near the restaurants in the old town and only 5 minutes walk to San Postiguet beach.

We had a lovely room overlooking the square, the room was bright and spacious - no tea/coffee making facilities, so took our own mini kettle, however there is a good bar just outside the hotel overlooking the square.
Booked a room only basis, breakfast is available in the hotel,also plenty of cafes around.

The staff were great, very pleasant and efficient - all in all a lovely hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple