“Excellent Restaurant”

Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo-Santa Cruz
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We love Spanish food and have eaten in many high quality restaurants both in Spain and abroad. This is an EXCELLENT restaurant and tapas bar, with incredibly fresh, high quality ingredients and friendly service. Plenty of options, both seafood and meats, nice bread and a decent wine list that is fairly priced. You cannot go wrong by visiting this restaurant, but make sure you book… we were glad we did as there was a substantial queue when we arrived. Nearly everyone in our dining room was Spaniard, so it is also popular with locals.

Don’t worry about the current rating of this restaurant in TripAdvisor (xx place at the time of writing). TripAdvisor is great for hotel reviews, but I am normally wary of the restaurant indexes here, as they have led me to major disasters in the past. A good alternative option is the Conde Nast Traveller magazine and this is where I found this restaurant.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Poole, United Kingdom
“Lovely tapas”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We both had the set tapas menu. Most courses were delicious. The cava was lovely. The bread they serve with the meal was go good. Table for two was a bit small, one of us was looking at a dull wall but food was excellent.

Spain
“Probably the best tapas bar in Spain.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite tapas restaurant in Alicante. The food is wonderful, the quality is outstanding and the portions are generous. The atmosphere is trendy and the staff is super friendly.

1 Thank Israel001977
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable first night”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our first meal out in our 4 night break in Alicante and it was a good choice. My grilled artichoke pieces as a starter was new to me but very enjoyable. I had a paella for my main course with squid and prawns -very good. We shared some nougat ice cream for dessert. As it was 8pm,the bulk of customers were tourists. The waiting staff were English speaking which was good. If I had a criticism,the service ,though swift, was a little abrupt. However ,this is a minor gripe and I would definitely recommend this place

• Visited March 2014
alicante
“Gourmet food in Spain”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

It is quite difficult to find a restaurant in Alicante which has different food. I think that La Taberna de Gourmet not only has very nice tapas, the atmosphere is good and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited December 2013