Hotel Torrepalma(Alcala la Real)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$70
US$68
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Llave de Granada(Alcala la Real)
TripAdvisor
Casa Grande(Alcala la Real)
Hostal Rio de Oro(Alcala la Real)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Hospederia Zacatin(Alcala la Real)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsglass of wineperfect placecouldn't do enoughfabulous cookother guestswhite wallshome from homecooked mealslooking forwardmoorish castleboutique hotelolive grovesla motaspanish hamlottiepedropete
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Thank you to Lotti and Pedro you made our trip a joy. Your B&Bis first rate and a real credit to you both. As hosts you are fantastic thank you no request was to much trouble. Our room was just a delight as was the whole B&B. Our stay was one that will be one of our most treasured memories. We would reccomend this B&B to anyone

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Pete N, Owner at Atelier 88, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi, Colin, we are humbled by your lovely review, it was a great pleasure to be your hosts here at Atelier 88. We enjoyed our evening conversations in the Blue Graden and hope to see you again. Many best wishes to you both Pedro y Lottie

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough to visit Atelier 88 in early November 2016 and had a wonderful stay. The B&B is beautifully and sympathetically restored and alive with colour, texture and quirky pieces to feast your eyes and get your creativity flowing.

Lottie is a tremendous hostess and a marvellous cook. We were served beautifully presented, diverse and well cooked meals from locally sourced vendors. She really shows off the areas diverse culinary backgrounds and does it with aplomb. I would happily return, even if just for the food.

We had an illuminating art class with the wonderful resident artist Pedro, who quite frankly, took someone who can't draw a stick man and inspired me enough to be bold with acrylics. An experience not easily forgotten and I've felt emboldened to try more since getting home.

Alacalá la Real is full of interesting buildings to discover and guarded over by a well preserved and interesting Moorish castle, which is well worth a visit. The surrounding countryside is beautiful and well worth a walking trip up to the plateau to make the most of the views over the town.

I would definitely return and have already recommended Atelier 88 to friends.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We had a wonderful welcome from Lottie and Pedro, the two dogs and two cats. It immediately felt like home but a much more exotic and stylish Spanish home. We had a very comfortable room with a side room which doubled up as dressing room/relaxing room - lying on sofa reading books and drinking wine looking over the Andalusian olive groves and rooftops. The breakfasts were delicious, fresh fruit, Spanish ham and cheese. Lottie and Pedro (both artists) were wonderful hosts and helped us organise our trip. It was interesting to look at their studio and art while sitting in the "alfresco" sitting and eating area surrounded by cactiuses and Spanish pottery. Thank-you both we will be back!

Room Tip: The room with the mini side room has lovely views, great even though you have to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I need to share the Wonder that Pete & Lottie have both created at Atelier 88. whether you are just looking to stop over for a few nights in Alcala, or looking for a longer stay, you will not find a better place in the Region, FULL STOP. The décor, Rooms & their amazing courtyard provide a fabulously relaxed environment in which to relax & unwind. And I thoroughly recommend anyone to sign up to one of their Art courses. the Studio & surrounds provide all you need in terms of facilities & inspiration, & Pete is a superb Tutor who will help you engage with whatever subject matter you choose & encourage many different ways of seeing. & just to top things off, Lottie is a stupendous Cook, and will prepare food for any persusion
while it would be insulting to refer to Atelier 88 as 'Budget' it is Ridiculous value for money!!
Stewart

Room Tip: Any Room is charming here!!!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2017

May is the month for wild flowers in Andalucia and I spent a happy week wandering around the hills and olive groves above Alcala La Real,photographing and drawing plants.
The Botanical drawing course is a new initiative of artists Pete and Lottie Nevin who run and own Atelier 88 as a “Casa Rural” which although classed and priced roughly as a B&B, is more like a small boutique hotel. No 88 is at the top of the historic town surrounded by mountains and dominated by a magnificent Moorish Castle the views from which are breathtaking; we know about the Alhambra - why not the Mota ??
The house is ancient, newly and beautifully restored in traditional Andalucian style but with all mod cons and a really homely and welcoming feel. My room was lovely: big for an individual but fine for a couple - simple white walls and cotton covers with vivid traditional Spanish textiles and rugs. The bathroom is beautifully presented with bold modern Spanish tiles and a really good shower! The house is beautiful but they also have a fantastic, large courtyard garden/sitting room where you can relax in the evenings.
Breakfast was really generous, continental style; fruit, cheese, ham, eggs, fresh bread coffee and tea. My drawing course came with full board which included an excellent 3 course evening meal with wine. Lottie is a fantastic cook and it is probably the best place to eat in town.
I have an art training in the dim and distant past and Pete just pointed me in the right direction and made useful suggestions to develop my work and I came away having spent hours doing something I’d forgotten I loved, fully inspired to continue at home. I’m recommending to my friends and can’t wait to go again. I would definitely stay here again, either on my own or with others.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. I stayed in Frida room which was perfect and spacious for me and could have also suited a couple
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo