“hotel by the beach”

Silver Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Colva
Reviewed 5 June 2014

this is a very nice place to stay in south goa,it is located almost on the colva beach.
the rooms are just ok.they need to maintain this place properly to attract more tourists.
the location of the hotel is best and even the restaurant offers a open air seating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dharmishmehta
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Greetings from Silver Sands Beach Resort GOA !!

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services; our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A good hotel to stay in south goa, its almost on the beach, with a swimming pool and spa centre, the morning breakfast is good(specially the south Indian and Chinese) tough the platter is very limited. The administration is friendly. The rooms are good with all the facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tujesh G
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I made this booking for my marriage anniversary and my 2years old son is with me on Yatra.com which was duly conformed by written mail. Hotel management was not even knowing about this booking and any such package. There was no booking in hotel in my name (why that conformation was asked??) I have to forward the mail to hotel management myself and inform them about package at time of checkin..

Please note my experience about the inclusions of package :
A. Dabolim Airport/Margao Railway Station Transfers : the hotel is really remote located and such provision is necessary. But yatra or hotel didn't bothered to inform about any such provision. When i called Hotel then they asked me to reach Colva beach by whatever means and find the hotel on my own. This shows their concern about customers.

B. Accommodation in a well-appointed, air-conditioned Standard Deluxe Double Room : the room is routine ac room on corner. Doesn't include anything special for holiday room. The window views are not sea facing nor pool facing, nothing well-appointed at all. There is just one soap provided. Even very small hotels provide paste, soap, shampoo and comb as basic service. When i am spending 2000 per day per person, is it too much to ask for soap and shampoo??

C. Welcome drink on arrival (non-alcoholic) : not offered. The hotel was not even knowing that any such booking exist so there was no welcome.

D. Buffet breakfast and dinner at the hotel : The dinner was not buffet. The restaurant staff was good and they offered to order any 2 vegetables and bread etc. The food served on 1st dinner was good quality but we all know difference between buffet and alacarte. There was no salad and papad, we have to order it. And salad was poor quality. Then when ordering lunch, everything that i asked for was not available. There was no mashroom dish, no bamboo dish.. many things mentioned in menu (under veg section) were not available. Only spring role and manchurian snaks was available. Is it resort or daily-meal place where u serve standard lunch-dinner? This is hard to believe but even vanilla milkshake is not available. Is it really hard to make/avail vanilla milkshake? Things promised in inclusion are not available and chargeable menu items are also not available. Also note that the breakfast served in morning was not hot. The idly and wada was cold and it was not changed even after demand. When i ordered my 3rd dinner then hotel staff said that chef is too busy to take orders so i have to eat whateer they provide. The food served on 3rd dinner was cold and i have to call managers to get it changed.

E. In-room tea/coffee maker with complimentary replenishment once a day : There is no coffee maker in the room.

F. 2 full-day sightseeing tour of South Goa and North Goa in a coach on SIC basis, followed by a 1-hour boat cruise with live entertainment on Mandovi River : No advance information was given about this. Hotel informed us at 8.15 about the bus leaving at 9:00. How am i suppose to get ready with a kid of 2years in just 45 mins? So i skipped it for 1st day. The tour operator charged us 600/- extra for the tour even when it was part of package.

G. Complimentary use of Wi-Fi internet services : the password was not working so no net for yesterday. I received the password in 2nd day afternoon. Hotel could have informed it at time of checkin or while service.

H. Complimentary two bottles of packaged drinking water everyday : not provided even after demand. We purchased 3 bottles and then they provided 6 bottles at a time after repeated calls. Till then i have used chargeable drinking water from restaurant.

I. Complimentary use of swimming pool : This was good experience. Only comfortable thing i found in here.

Considering all this i think this is really worse experience of my life. If i would have come to goa then i could have myself arranged a room food and site seeing in far better way.

I have received a SMS from Yatra saying 'Your Complaint Has Been Resolved'. When noone from Yatra or Hotel Management talked with me, how my complaint can be resolved??

My anniversary is completely ruined and yatra + hotel management is responsible for it...

Room Tip: Don't goto silver sand beach resort. better live at sea shore on your own..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank vinamita
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Greetings from Silver Sands Beach Resort GOA

Thank you very much for staying with us. I understand that you were not satisfied with your recent stay and I would like to sincerely apologize for the same.

May I kindly request you to forward me your contact details on sanjay@silversandsgoa.com and I will personally reach out to take a detailed feedback on your experience. I look forward to speaking to you.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel only for a night and felt blessed that we stayed only for a night! Rooms are terrible,Stinking and corridors are like the ones in horror movies.!Restaurant is an epitome of unhygienic conditions!!Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
5  Thank riuthane

Reviewed 3 May 2014

enjoyed stay in Goa, good hotel very near to the beach, service is good, food quality is excellent, the best thing is very big swimming pool, neet & clean room & close to the beach, good water sports activity on the beach,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank nitmonu19

Reviewed 3 April 2014

tons of garbage on the way to your room besides the moldy smell. bathroom with more moldy smell. the mattresses ripped apart. inside the bathroom hanging electric wire just beside the shower. the whole impression is of a place falling apart and unprofessional repaired. once sure a nice hotel when they finish building it, but with "0" maintenance what can u expect.
never again. dont let you fool from the pictures posted. also the breakfast is a joke. the cheapest toast bread, plastic marmalade and the chai tastes horrible.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliverMichael

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our visit was to see Goa as it has been talked more of it quite often. Wanted to see Goa and to relaxed from daily routine work. Amenities were good. Swimming pool is real as we see in the photograph. Quality of T.V. Was good. Rooms were comfortable,
with A/C Service of House Keeping and Staff was Good. General Manager was very courteous and helpful too. This Silver Sand is very near to Colva beach all the taxi
services and Hotel near by are quite cheap. If I get a chance once again I will be pleased to stay again there. I will be advising my children to go there so that they can have fun and happy ending.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family