“The Best in Class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Bengaluru, India
“The Best in Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hotel Lucky Star the class in itself which is stone throw distance from Colva Beach, nice rooms attached bar with restaurant and beach facing property. I must say this hotel gave me a very unique experience with its excellent hospitality services. The rooms are clean with good staff to take care of all your needs, good room services and the best part is that the mouthwatering food available till 3 in the morning… Good discotheque with awesome dj’s who make sure you go crazy with their remixes. All I can say is that my trip was enjoyable and memorable one. I would definitely stay in same place next time I come to GOA…

Room Tip: Rooms next to discotheque is big and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have never expected without hotel booking I can expect a good hotel like Lucky Star. When I saw the room for first time considering the price it was good. Cozy and clean rooms with nice beach view. Lots of foreigners on that beach. Price may be low due to off season. After going to beach I never felt that off seasons in April. Food was good though not much variety on breakfast(only three). No south indian food available. Good Restaurants with separate bar/lounge. Wed/Fri/Sat you can have disco with DJs at Bar/lounge. Over all experience was good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Advisor-Friend
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We booked the hotel for 4 days but checked out in 2 days itself. Rates were as high as any boutique hotel in Goa but services were pathetic. The room was small with no fridge and very small TV. Room service of food is not available. In breakfast menu, only 3 options available-Puri Bhaji, Paratha Dahi and Breads with Egg. I ordered puri bhaji and wanted 2 eggs only(without bread). They charged Rs,110 for the eggs. There were small cockroaches in the bed.
Security is pathetic. There was a fight happening outside their hotel and their guests were being hurt by locals because guests opposed the locals who were harassing a girl and nobody from Lucky Star came to their help. Although there were many bouncers inside the hotel for some party. There is no security camera, which is mandatory as per government rules. Very unsafe, unhygeinic and bad experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Colva hotels

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at Lucky Star in Feb 2012. I must say, the hotel has warm & welcoming staff. Perfect Location for honeymoon couples as its right on the beach.
The Hotel made sure that my stay is perfect. Infact, the service was EXCELLENT.
On special request the Hotel made arrangement for a cozy candle light dinner on the terrace.
Delivered pizza on the beach.
If ever I'll go again to Goa... I know the Hotel I want to stay in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gurpreet_Nikhil
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here for two days. It's a beach facing resort with clean and cosy rooms with 3 star facilities. My stay here has been very good. Sea view from restaurant and rooms makes for a relaxing and a quiet stay.The staff was extremely helpful.
In my opinion one of the best places in Colva to stay with family or friends giving you a lot more value than you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Amit_2012
Europa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

Ok... to summarise: this place would be great if it cleaned the rooms once in a while and had the slightest inkling about how to treat guests; it's in a good location right on the beach, has an OK (but slow) restaurant and a pretty decent bar.

The details:

We arrived here at 7am after getting into Madgaon an hour before. When we arrived the staff were sleeping in the restaurant on beds made from the tables, and using the tablecloths as blankets. These tablecloths then appeared on the tables later the same day. At first we were waved away and shouted at to leave because we had woken them up. Fair enough I suppose, but then the cab driver came in, shook one of them awake who then went to fetch his boss. The boss/receptionist was a nice guy, he showed us the room, negotiated us a fair price and left us to it.

So far so good. The fan didnt work in the room though so i mentioned this and we were then switched to the room next door that had an identical layout... thing is, this room stank. It stank of dust, dirt and that strange stale smell that usually means cockroaches or mice are present. The bed was dusty and smelly like it hadn't been changed in a few weeks. I did procure other sheets for the bed though with a minimum of fuss.

So i'll stop rambling now: our room had roaches. BIG ones too. They were in the bathroom and walking around the place over our bags and clothes and whatever else. I told the management who came and put some spray around the place but since the roaches had retreated to wherever they were quite half-[-] in preventative measures. They also did a very half-[-] job of cleaning the room too and when we went in, the bathroom floor was a little damp, btu the piles of sand from our sandals had not moved an inch. Some cleaning job.

The next day we had more roaches so i caught one, took a few pics and went to complain again to reception that the room had roaches. I was asked if i "was sure it wasn't the bed" to which I replied that even if she was joking, we were leaving. Then she accused me and my wife of bringing the roaches with us in our bags and releasing them in their hotel... this understandably annoyed me. She then said they had never had instances of roaches before, so I asked why they had cockroach bug spray if it had never happened and i have pictorial evidence and indeed, a captured bug as proof. Other travellers we met had also had the same problem, so it was a blatant lie.

So this place would have been great if it wasn't for the rudeness of the staff, the dirtiness of the hotel itself and if the food arrived a bit quicker. I find it hard to believe they accuse paying guests of bringing cockroaches with them to the hotel. I did mention that if they were in my room then they would be others elsewhere such as in the kitchen, the bar and every other room since cockroaches don't go around on their lonesome. This comment was laughed away.

I really doubt the staff give a damn about heir patrons havign a good time and I got the impression they just want paid.

Other travellers we met were charged 50 rs per toilet roll, when they weren't told it was even charged for so they had a 350 rs 'extra' on their bill... like i said, they only seem bothered about money and not giving their guests and clean and comfortable environment to stay in.

Avoid this place if you can, or insist the room is cleaned thoroughly (and watch them do it), and look under the beds and in the bathrooms for roaches. You can do better in Goa for the same money.

Stayed June 2008
8 Thank Woooo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
Longuinhos Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim
Graciano Cottages
Graciano Cottages
#14 of 17 in Colva

Been to Lucky Star Hotel? Share your experiences!