“Lucky Star .., back in The old days”
Review of Lucky Star Hotel

Lucky Star Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a really overdue review, as we have not stayed at Lucky Star since about 2010!
Back then it was a real backpacker place, about 3 euro a night, absolute no luxuries & cold showers. However, we loved it so much we went back about 8 years consecutively. On our first trip, we booked in Longuines, the alleged 5 star place next door, but moved out after 2 nights having found LS to have a much better vibe.
Loved all the staff at the time, in fact still in contact with a few of them, and loved Anthonys shack (first Base) on the beach.
Sadly, we decided we couldn't go long haul for a bit due to other commitments & stuff, but there is a chance we may go back to Colva this December to meet up,with friends doing India.
If we do, I shall certainly be considering LS again.
As I say, back in the day, the rooms etc were terrible. No AC, hot water or clean towels etc. however, the people staying there were always so diverse & interesting, and the location right on the beach beyond compare.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tomby101

Reviewed 9 June 2014

First thing I would say is please dont belive the room size as displayed in the pics.It was too small to call it as superior (terrible rest room size ). White Lounge Pub mentioned in website is closed due to license issue which is not updated and disappointed us alot.

Receptionist neither restaurant people NOT helped us in navigating to the places to visit.Whatever question we ask or anything we requested "NO" or "no idea" was the answer.Cab rates was too high from COLVA area to North Goa.No water provided in room.we got 5 litre bottle from near by shop.

Please note there is no swimming pool.

Pro's:
Food was terrific in 24/7 restuarnt and rates were resonable.
Beach view was awesome and seems to be very relaxing during night time.(Very Private)
Located in calm and peacefull environment.

Overall it was a good experince I would like to rate 2.5 !!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Karthik G
Reviewed 2 April 2014

overall experience was good food is good service is exclent easy to find the location. very nice,this hotel is the best in colva.this people so help in tour. This Resort is exactly on colva beach. Food and drink is not expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hotel Lucky Star the class in itself which is stone throw distance from Colva Beach, nice rooms attached bar with restaurant and beach facing property. I must say this hotel gave me a very unique experience with its excellent hospitality services. The rooms are clean with good staff to take care of all your needs, good room services and the best part is that the mouthwatering food available till 3 in the morning… Good discotheque with awesome dj’s who make sure you go crazy with their remixes. All I can say is that my trip was enjoyable and memorable one. I would definitely stay in same place next time I come to GOA…

Room Tip: Rooms next to discotheque is big and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bala12148
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have never expected without hotel booking I can expect a good hotel like Lucky Star. When I saw the room for first time considering the price it was good. Cozy and clean rooms with nice beach view. Lots of foreigners on that beach. Price may be low due to off season. After going to beach I never felt that off seasons in April. Food was good though not much variety on breakfast(only three). No south indian food available. Good Restaurants with separate bar/lounge. Wed/Fri/Sat you can have disco with DJs at Bar/lounge. Over all experience was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Advisor-Friend
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We booked the hotel for 4 days but checked out in 2 days itself. Rates were as high as any boutique hotel in Goa but services were pathetic. The room was small with no fridge and very small TV. Room service of food is not available. In breakfast menu, only 3 options available-Puri Bhaji, Paratha Dahi and Breads with Egg. I ordered puri bhaji and wanted 2 eggs only(without bread). They charged Rs,110 for the eggs. There were small cockroaches in the bed.
Security is pathetic. There was a fight happening outside their hotel and their guests were being hurt by locals because guests opposed the locals who were harassing a girl and nobody from Lucky Star came to their help. Although there were many bouncers inside the hotel for some party. There is no security camera, which is mandatory as per government rules. Very unsafe, unhygeinic and bad experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at Lucky Star in Feb 2012. I must say, the hotel has warm & welcoming staff. Perfect Location for honeymoon couples as its right on the beach.
The Hotel made sure that my stay is perfect. Infact, the service was EXCELLENT.
On special request the Hotel made arrangement for a cozy candle light dinner on the terrace.
Delivered pizza on the beach.
If ever I'll go again to Goa... I know the Hotel I want to stay in.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple