This resort is a case study for how a resort should NOT be run.
The staff here seems to take guests for granted and do not have the faintest idea of what the phrase "customer service" means.
We were a group of 4 couples and all of felt the resotr really sucked. The rooms we got initially were really bad, the Air Conditioning wouldnt work etc. After much haggling and negotiation, the staff agreed to move us to a better room. The new room looked a bit more similar to the photographs on the website, the first room we got was a run down dump.
But once we got a room which was actually airconditioned, we fugured that they dont provide guests the ability to regulate temperature!! They have slit Air Conditioners, with just one remote control for the whole property!! Since room service was so pathetic, the only solution was to turn off the AC when we felt cold!! And no options, if you felt warm....
The "rules" they have are even worse. If you ask for an extra bath towel, the rude guy that runs housekeeping tells you "You already got a towel today, now you'll get your next one tomorrow." I tried reasoning that I had made the mistake of going to the pool and so needed a towel. He wouldnt budge. I thought of using the bedsheets or curtains instead.. :) But finally, I howled enough at the guy, so he "kindly' granted me an extra towel.
The overall experience was worse than terrible. I think the service would probably be better in a highway motel or a local lodge. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I would rate them Minus 20.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Longuinhos Beach Resort in Goa, set in scenic surroundings of blue seas, white sands, swaying trees and verdant landscaping, lives to fulfill its sole purpose - of fulfilling your dream of staying right at the beach! This little haven along the coast of Colva in South Goa is absolute with rooms, a restaurant, dance floor, conference room, pool, private lawns, gazebo, spa, and most of all, a spectacular view of the beach! The Resort is a stop for families on vacation, honeymoon couples, backpackers, business professionals, food enthusiasts, party lovers - all alike! Longuinhos Beach Resort enjoys a popular and picturesque location, but it is its structural design that brings out its real beauty - most of the property sprawls to face the sea! The few times that the sea is in the rear, the swimming pool is in view; as you wander around the property, the sounds of the sea follow you... And what a calming experience that is ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Longuinhos Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longuinhos Beach Hotel Colva
- Longuinhos Beach Colva
- Longuinhos Beach Resort Goa/Colva