“Value for Money”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Bangalore
“Value for Money”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is located very close to the Colva beach in Goa. Very basic facilities but value for money. Breakfast is included but is only fruit juice, toast, butter, jam, tea/coffee. You have to pay extra for eggs. There is an Udipi (South Indian) restaurant just outside the hotel for vegetarian food.

Room Tip: Make sure the room A/C is not noisy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank BangaloreSatish

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Reviews i have seen are quite harsh about this hotel i would say without justice.I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
Lovely pool which was well looked after but not many sunbeds.
Rooms were cleaned every day IF you left your key at reception ( we did not find this out till the end when we wandered why or rooms where not cleaned)
Over all a good hotel for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for room poolside as others looked a bit grim
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank daisypane
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The Hotel is situated close to the beach, the rooms are very basic but clean and the beds are very hard, the room we had was none a/c with just a ceiling fan which was okay but room was very hot and asked for a a/c room which was much better staff helpful, breakfast average but most other meals okay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 552peter

Travellers are raving about these Colva hotels

Midnapore, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is situated close enough to the beach,the rooms are clean and airy enough.The pool in front of the rooms block is a well-come gem to the hotel.the service is average...But the manager of the hotel seems to be a little arrogant and rude.I suppose he does not know the ABC s of hospitality...The Bars on the entrance are good ..

Room Tip: If you have children with you prefer the pool side block..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank koushik2012
birmingahm
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 7 days the room we had was facing the pool, it was basic but clean, the room got very hot, only had ceiling fan. pool was great but only a few sun beds. beach 10 min walk. Plenty of great bars and restaurants close by. Would stay again but choose room with ac

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Jackieferg
Wirral
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Having decided to visit Goa for the first time, my first thoughts where do I go North or South, after a lot of study, taking account of my age etc I decided South. Next decision is what beach area do I choose so after looking at some great maps on the net I decided on Colva as it seemed to be fairly central should I have a wander about.
After a long study and having read the good , bad, and ugly reviews I chose the "williams"
My arrival was not so good as my flight was 3hrs + delayed and I arrived at the williams at approx 02.45 am and nobody was on reception. I was looked after by the security guard but had to stay in reception until the staff arrived at 7.45 am. Not sure what went wrong but after a lot of "so sorry" I was shown to my room. That was the only problem in three weeks and because of all the plus points I quickly forgot it.
I had booked a pool view room and got a ground floor unit next to the pool which was great.
It was very basic, but had a great hot shower, a loo and two single beds which are hard but suited me. The room was cleaned every day ( leave your key at reception for cleaning) fresh bedding, towels arranged in a novel way, . I could not fault the attention the boys gave to me in making my stay comfortable. As long as you remember that the Williams is a 2 * Indian hotel it is well, just great. The pool was also cleaned every morning and the sun beds wiped down. If there was a gripe, there are not enough beds, but as most people go to the beach, more often than not its no problem.
If you choose BB tarif, the breakfast is also basic, tea and toast and jam, BUT for a few rupees you can order other things. I enjoyed the eggs.
Eating out in colva is amazing, you have so many places and its a curry lovers dream. If you choose to eat at the Williams, the "Bambooze" the food is superb and not at all expensive. I snacked on chicken pakoras and other delights.
The staff, you cannot fault, nothing is too much trouble and you are always greeted with a genuine , warm smile which is endearing.
I met some amazing people and made good friends including a lovely Russian lady, from St Petersburgh who I hope to meet again, along with the buddies from the UK.
All in all my first visit to India, and Goa was a brilliant holiday experience . India opens your eyes and I felt humbled and grateful for what I have here in england. I loved every minute and will go again and my first choice of hotel would be without question, The Williams. I thank you all.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor poolside room, its cooler at night and your closer to the great pool
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Normskiman
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a very basic 2* India hotel. When we arrived mid January the hotel was about 50/50 English/Russian - however by 1st week in March we found ourselves the only 2 English people in the hotel!! All of the others were Russian - the majority being very noisy and rude. Having said this - the hotel is in a good position - the staff are lovely and friendly, the rooms would greatly benefit from having mosquito nets over the windows so you can safely leave the windows open both during the day and evening as the rooms get so, so hot! The pool is very good and cleaned every morning. The bar is excellent and lots of English people come here to socialise in the evenings and we met some great people here - (Irish) Jim, Norm, and Sandra and Rob to name but a few! All in all we had a great time.

Room Tip: Basic pool view rooms are hot as no air con only ceiling fan. However if you want air con, rooms ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janetordoff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
Ancora Beach Resort
Longuinhos Beach Resort
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to William's Beach Retreat? Share your experiences!