“Simply excellent !”
Review of Lluerna

Lluerna
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Inowroclaw, Poland
“Simply excellent !”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This restaurant is no easy to find, but You should visit this excellent place! It was recommended by my friend from Barcelona, who is "food & wine big fan". Earlier reservation is advised, it is quite small place. We chose the tasting menu, what is the best option, Yuo can try many different things.
About the food - simply, it is mandatory to try it, it was taste explosion in my mouth.
First time I felt that cooking is an art., it is sth more than eating...
My opinions best describes the fact that I have already another reservation for August.
I cant wait!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank borysek999

“The perfect place!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Best restaurant I've ever been! the food is perfect, taste is indescribable, very good wine selection and the place is really nice! My best food experience so far! I'd recommend you to go for the tasting menu, so you can enjoy a bit of every meal! Enjoy it!

Boston, MA
“Overrated”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

The prospect of so reasonably priced a meal at a Michelin starred restaurant was irresistible. So we rode the three metros it took reach Lluerna, on a non-descript street in a sensible suburb in Barcelona. The restaurant space is narrow and spare with whitewashed walls and odd graphics (a wallsized photo of the wine-infused end of a cork resembled a cigarette and was particularly unappetizing). We ordered the 31 euro menu degustation, delighted at the prospect.

The chef clearly composed the food with agonizing care. Each dish (and there were more than we could have expected) was constructed and deconstructed with thought and effort. But little came together into an harmonious whole. Best dishes (each with one too many ingredients) were the curry zucchini, a creamy delicate cold soup annotated by two pillows of yellow curry that overwhelmed the dish, and the cod sirloin of perfectly lightly cooked fish with an flavorful eggplant infused foam and an unnecessary olive purée. My partner enjoyed the Benedictine egg (on pureed potato) but the egg white of mine was undercooked. We both enjoyed the Julia dessert of ice cream, lychee and a swish of pistachio paste but it was followed by a too dense pear/chocolate/chili dish. Least successful were the olive stuffed with campari and orange (the olive won the match easily), the meatball with squid on squid-ink (the squid painstakingly cut into fettuccini, decorating a dense rectangle of dull chopped meat), and the requisite foam dish, a flavorless base for bits of tomato and sardine. Lest I forget, kudos for the warm seeded bread---heavenly.

But it's a long way to go for a rich, complex but ultimately unsatisfying meal, Michelin star or no.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank christineBoston
Barcelona, Spain
“A real hidden gem!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Since the choice of the 2013 new Michelin star restaurants, I was interested in this place.

This restaurant has de perfect combination of quality, service and price.

Although it can be a challenge for people coming from Barcelona city, I totally recommend the experience. Actually, you can reach the restaurant by underground from Barcelona (red line L1 to Santa Coloma). The journey from the city center will take about 20 minutes.

Let's move to the interesting part. When I first saw the menu options, I realised it was quite cheap compared to other Michelin star restaurants, so I was kind of expectant. We chose the short menu (which is not really short, though) at a price of 31,50€ (plus 10% VAT), consisting on 3 appetizers, 2 starters, 1 fish, 1 meat, 2 desserts and some "mignardises". To be honest, only 1 dish out of the total, was not terrific (which does not mean I did not like it). Everything was so creative, but at the same time keeping all taste and flavour from ingredients. Just great!

I have been to many Michelin star restaurants, but I can say this restaurant is a real hidden gem!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank AroundTheWorldBCN
belgium
“Good food !”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Last thursday we went with a group of 7 persons and we had great food at Lluerna for a very reasonable price. I would recommend this restaurant whenever you visit Barcelona. It is a bit out of the way but only 15 to 20 minutes on the metro from Placa Catalunya. I agree completely with both the previous reviews (Nick P and CMHO). I would go back any time. Compliments to the chef !! We will remember this meal for a long time ...

• Visited April 2013