“Quadtrex”

Thornton Hall Farm Country Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Animal encounters, glorious countryside and family fun come rain or shine! Make friends with friendly farm animals, greet our newest arrivals and take part seasonal hands-on activities, demonstrations and animal encounters. Climb aboard the Wizzick Farm Safari for a unique, fun and educational guided tour of the farm. Let the kids loose in the Wizzick Barn with ride-on tractors, 18ft high Wizzick slide and giant sandpit. Hitch a ride on the giant caterpillar. Pet our friendly animals, milk Molly our milking cow. Become friends with Max our friendly Mascot and so much more!
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Took my two grandsons, we had a fantastic day the quad bikes are three different sizes I had the full size bike the boys had the middle size bikes. The boys had been before when they were small. the little ones can ride small quad bikes around a track this was what my youngest was expecting the look on his face when he was told to drive out of the gate and park in the yard was amazing. I am Sixty-five with two new hips and I had a great time. I have only one problem we have taken them to other activity's since when we ask did you enjoy that we get "it was alright but it was not as good as the quad bikes" I think it may be a long while before we manage to top this out. I am thinking maybe bungee jumping but as one is nine and one eleven they may have to wait a while.

1  Thank Ronald T

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have just had our 5 year old sons birthday party here. It was fantastic. Staff brilliant...Plenty to do for the 13 kids. They loved the massive slide, tractors, animal feeding, horse grooming, egg collecting and of course the caterpillar ride. Loads to do whether it is raining or sunny. We did not eat there but other members of our family said it wad lovely. You can also take you own picnic. Excellent outdoor area too.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a lovely clean well run farm the staff are very friendly and always happy to tell you about the animals, you can buy bags of food and feed more or less all the animals which my little ones loved. there is lamb and calf feeding you can hold the friendly rabbits and guinea pigs, there is clean picnic area or you can eat on the grass outside a small park outside and slides, sandpits small pedal tractors and a plastic cow that you can milk inside, definately worth a visit

1  Thank emma2880
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Best farm I've been to! My husband and I took our 4 year old twins here today and my husband went free as it was Father's Day! We had such a brilliant 4 hours! The staff were so friendly and really seemed to care so much about the animals ...

Started off with egg collecting, then lamb and calf feeding, then petting the rabbits and guinea pigs, then a safari ride before having lunch and a delicious cake from the cafe and playing in the play barn - the girls loved the tractors and big slide. We then looked at all the other animals, played on the hay bails outside and fed the lambs again before heading home tired but thrilled to have had such a good time!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We took our daughter there on Saturday, we were really surprised at variety of activities. There is a hay barn play area with tarzan rope swings, there is a maze, a huge slide, tractor track, petting area and farm animals and that's just the inside area! Outside there are more animals, play area, caterpillar ride, adult and children;
's quads and a safari. We went on the safari (this was £3.50 extra, but worth it) which took us on a 25 min journey around the farm looking at Alpacas, Lamas, red and white Deer among other things, we saw a newly born deer which was really cute. There is loads to do and the cafe was reasonably priced with a good selection of snacks. The staff were friendly and helpful and the place was clean. I would certainly go again. In fact my husband and daughter intend to camp on the adjacent site which allows free entry for the children.

1  Thank thorn2n