Fortfield Farm
Myles Creek(Kilkee)
  • Restaurant
Cliff House Hotel(Ballybunion)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had a reservation for staying at Fortfield Farm on 3/31/13-4/1/13. After a long international flight, this was our first overnight reservation. We had driven a long way from Shannon, via Cliffs of Moher way to arrive at Fortfield around 5pm. We were excited to locate the property, and it's set in an idyllic countryside. We parked the rental car and rang the doorbell. We noticed a few cars in the parking lot, and when the door opened, we could hear happy chatter and movement. The woman answering the door closed it behind her and stepped on to the porch. She told us she had to cancel our reservation because her mother who runs the bed and breakfast was ill, and she wouldn't want us to catch it. I'm sure you can imagine our disappointment at this moment where we were already exhausted. The woman recommended Hillcrest View Bed & Breakfast, and said she had called to make sure there was availability. We are grateful for this kindness, and hope her mother felt better soon after.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SarahCR8
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hostess here served us with warm scones and tea the evening we arrived. Our room was small, but tastefully decorated. We loved the long front room, where one can relax, looking out over beautiful scenery. These people are warm and friendly, and we would stay here again!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin972
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband & I spent the night of 3jun12 w/Bride & Sean after a VERY wet & windy trip to the cliffs. I was literally soaked to the skin & miserable upon discovering there are no coin op laundries to be had in Ireland. We already had yesterdays soaked clothes, & only 1 pants ea/ left for another week. She dried & pressed our clothes for us & warmed us up in the solarium w/tea & scones. We had a lovely dinner at her suggestion (Kelly's - Kilrush) & caught the ferry the next am using schedules they kept on hand. They were a quiet, comfortable re-charge on a long, rainy drive day w/the most traditional "Irish Fry" of any of the B&B's we stayed in. We would return...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kmcubed
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The proprietors were kind and welcoming, especially to our 5-year-old, whom they offered the chance to milk a cow. It was also fun to see the calves, barn cats and horse.

A second bed had been set up for our child, so the bedroom was a little cramped. Good shower and excellent breakfast. The guest house has been run for more than 25 years and the proprietors are great at making you feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank S2ckholm
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I booked one night at the Fortfield Farm for my 9 year old daughter and I. I thought it would be neat for her to stay on a farm. We had done the Ring of Kerry that day and had taken the car ferry across the Shannon estuary. Fortfield Farm is not very far at all from the ferry and they are situated at the end of a long road on the top of a beautiful hill. We arrived 7:30 pm or so but Brid was so welcoming. She is a lovely lady - very friendly and gracious. She was very helpful with restaurant recommendations, etc. We were given the room on the 2nd floor that overlooked the beautiful fields in the front of the house. I think I might have had my best night's sleep there out of 7 nights in Ireland (spending one night at each stop). In the morning, she prepared a wonderful breakfast for us and was very attentive to our needs. We were able to see the dairy cows being milked which was a very interesting experience. She told all about the farm, their livestock and horses and we visited many many calves in the barns - some days old, some weeks and some a few months. She is very proud of her family and her heritage and it shows. I highly recommend a stay at Fortfield Farm.

Donna and Lauren