Have just returned from an overnight stay at Lifehouse with a group of six ladies.
Check in and reception very swift and polite, I suppose it depends on luck when you turn up as I have seen reports of long waits.
We had three rooms in the Mulberry block, I had room 86, lovely room and a great layout of the two over large single beds which meant you felt you had your own private space as opposed to having to lay next to the person you are sharing with.
The only thing missing from the room and something rather simple was a soap dish in the bathroom, other than that a very simple to use safe drawer, good hair dryer and kettle with normal tea and coffee etc.
loved being able to put on my comfy robe and feel at ease walking around the whole place, only required to dress for dinner.
The spa was well appointed but was busy when we first got there but our friends returned an hour later and it had emptied out, again a case of luck and timing. The relaxation area was lovely and I could have stayed there all day! The only thing lacking was a proper water dispenser in the spa area, it was just a water fountain so if you wanted a plastic cup full you had to go out of the spa and upstairs!
Between the six of us we had 5 different treatments which we all enjoyed, we had upgraded from the 25 min treatment included in the package and I'm glad I did.
2 course dinner was included which was lovely but portion sizes are a little small but enough for me, I have seen people complain about not being able to get a table until 9.30pm, may I advise that you pre book like we did when we made our original booking.
Some of party tried the juice bar and seemed to enjoy them up not my sort if thing, breakfast was an excellent selection and they would do you a poached egg if you didn't want the scrambled on offer!
Drinks were a little over priced but I expected them to be much more.
One big tip is to ensure that you leave plenty of time to explore the beautiful grounds, I would return just to walk around them again!
Check out was smooth and not busy and if you ask for a locker once you've checked out of your room you can actually fit a good size wheel along weekend case in the locker.
Hoping to return sooner rather than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel, located in Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex, is a contemporary lifestyle spa. Only 80 minutes from London by train and set in 130 acres of grounds, Lifehouse Spa & Hotel will help you revitalise and relax in beautiful surroundings. With a selection of day and residential packages to choose from, guests can indulge in a day of pampering, or truly get away from it all with an overnight stay. With 89 bedrooms, 35 treatment rooms, a gym, exercise studio, swimming pool, sauna & steam room, thermal spa area with salt-inhalation room, relaxation area, manicure and pedicure stations,and 12 acres of listed gardens, you can do as much or as little as you like! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lifehouse Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifehouse Country Hotel Thorpe Le Soken
- Lifehouse Hotel & Spa Thorpe Le Soken, Essex