We have just had two nights at this hotel on B/B basis with Secretescapes.com
We had booked a standard garden view room in the Mulberry Block, ground floor, and on arrival
we were given room 47. A good room but we then saw room 58 which was on the same floor but had a better outlook so we requested a change to that room. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly and made no problem in giving us a transfer.
The room was very well furnished and equipped as was the bathroom with its walk-in shower.
We appreciated the large patio opening doors and the system that allowed one of them to be opened at night to allow fresh air in. No aircon in the room so this is important.
A good size walk-in shower but the floor tiles do become slippery when wet and there is no safety rail, so be careful.
We stopped Sunday and Monday nights.
Breakfast both days was good, but on the Tuesday morning there were no morning papers available to read and the croissants were dry, definitely not fresh !
This was our first visit to the area and we really enjoyed Frinton.
The leisure facilities at the hotel are excellent including the indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam rooms. All very well maintained.
No problems either in wearing bath robes and slippers during the day which again makes it very relaxing.
Unfortunately we will have to return to try the spa facilities as we ran out of time.
We would choose a ground floor room again but I think we would take the upgraded Signature room which is larger and has a King size bed, as the standard room only has a double bed, not even Queen size.
The grounds are very spacious and makes a good walk.
Overall we were very impressed with this hotel and we like the atmosphere and ambience feel.
The complimentary Wi fi in room worked very well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel, located in Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex, is a contemporary lifestyle spa. Only 80 minutes from London by train and set in 130 acres of grounds, Lifehouse Spa & Hotel will help you revitalise and relax in beautiful surroundings. With a selection of day and residential packages to choose from, guests can indulge in a day of pampering, or truly get away from it all with an overnight stay. With 89 bedrooms, 35 treatment rooms, a gym, exercise studio, swimming pool, sauna & steam room, thermal spa area with salt-inhalation room, relaxation area, manicure and pedicure stations,and 12 acres of listed gardens, you can do as much or as little as you like! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lifehouse Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifehouse Country Hotel Thorpe Le Soken
- Lifehouse Hotel & Spa Thorpe Le Soken, Essex