The best ever relaxing cosy place to go.From the entrance gate you will start seeing animals already, and on arrival you get welcomed by a manager and a drink. Your luggage gets taken to the room and Sherry waiting. Do's and don'ts get explained and when u are ready u can relax and absorb the beauty of the surroundings. Game drives are very nice and relaxing. Food is very good but still prefer steaks etc...but we tried everything. Chef comes to tell u what he or she is preparing for dinner and u sit and relax and have a drink or six. Room 10 is definitely the best one to be in, most beautiful view of all. Everything about Marataba is excellent. Will definitely go again in 2013 and stay longer than weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marataba is a malaria-free 23000 hectare private concession within the Big5 Marakele National Park (Limpopo, South Africa). Just four hours from Johannesburg, this is a sanctuary where busy people can find themselves again by connecting with nature. We were rendered breathless by the dramatic Waterberg mountains, vast plains, rich animal diversity and winding rivers cutting through the landscape of the Marakele National Park. Rich red mountain rock meets lush green plains (where you will find yellowwood and cedar trees, 5m high cycads and tree ferns). All of the large game species from elephant and rhino to the big cats, as well as an amazing variety of birds (including the largest colony of endangered Cape vultures in the world, with more than 800 breeding pairs) have settled here. Marataba Safari Lodge is a simple extension of the natural environment beyond its walls - rich, bold, organic and patently magnificent. Whether you prefer your own company or that of new-found friends, there are a number of spots from which to soak up the view - hammock, pool lounger or grassy patch. On the menu for your pleasure is a smorgasbord of activities from which to choose. Whether game drive, walking trail, sunset river excursion on Miss Mara, or a private dinner for two, there is never enough time to exhaust the many ways there are to love this place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Marataba Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marataba Safari Company Hotel Waterberg
- Marataba Safari Lodge Thabazimbi, Africa - South Africa