“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Came here tonight with my boyfriend,after a bad takeaway in dec being cold,could not fault the food tonight it was excellent would throughly recommend the royal lamb.all hot and service very good.

1  Thank Brenda N
There are newer reviews for Duo Chef Chinnor

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We absolutely love it here. They staff are always very warm, welcoming and go along way to make my daughter feel special when she visits!
We've taken various friends and family here (including my Dad who has his firm favourite in Loudwater, High Wycombe) and have never had a bad experience. Everyone always wants to come back! Personally, I couldn't now go anywhere else!

Loved it when it was the 'Coriander Leaf' and were concerned about any changes but we genuinely love it more now. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Belbels
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a great Indian restaurant, well, I say Indian, it's more Indian Fusion i.e. a taste of India, but without going away feeling bloated and full of fatty nasties. Choose from the specials menu - there's a traditional menu too, but if you want this go to a curry house, which this isn't. I had a duck dish that was simply sublime, as well as the scallops and squid starter, which was delicious - not too hot, just spicy tasty. There were others in our party who weren't really Indian lovers, but they too enjoyed the food. My advice: play to the chefs' strengths and avoid traditional gravy-based dishes.

Only complaint? The service was a bit sluggish. We started at 8 and didn't finish until nearly 11 (on a Saturday night) - we were five, so the company kept us going, but it might not suit everyone. We had to ask to order and for the bill and could have done with a bit more 'umph', not enough to spoil the evening, but raised a few eyebrows.

Try it. Enjoy.

2  Thank Bignickandlittleted
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I visited this restaurant with my family and we were very pleased with the experience. My husband and I took our twin boys aged 8, our daughter age 12 and her friend age 13. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. For our young friend it was her first visit to anywhere that didn't sell chicken nuggets and she was very apprehensive. We asked to check the menu to look for "English options" but when there weren't any the manager offered to cook a sample of less spicy food for her to try whilst we decided whether or not to stay. She still wasn't keen but our kids loved it so we took a seat and ordered our meals whilst the cook came up with another option for her.
The meals we eventually had were all delicious and our little friend enjoyed her chicken breast cooked with pepper and salt!
The staff were very patient with all the children (and our boys can be a bit of a handful - 8, boys, twins need I say more!) and we will definitely be visiting here again.

1  Thank edkjjjd7
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Having not been here for a year,tonight 7th dec thought we would have a takeaway meal for the pair of us,got home dished up and all of it was stone cold all needed heating up even naan bread which is in foil wrapper was cold.certainly wasnt worth the £34 and doubt i will use this place again next time i will go to the chiinor indian by the chippy.expected better.

9  Thank Brenda N
Shakil A, Manager at Duo Chef Chinnor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

We are sorry for your experience, I, the manager insure you if you come in again and ask for Mr. Ahmed, I will happy to serve you meal that you will not regret!