“Sad news Nikky”

Little Mere Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Little Mere Restaurant & Gorley Tea Rooms are now permanently closed.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just learned that Little Mere is for sale, and am most sorry to hear that the best restaurant in the area will possibly change hands at best or become a private residence.

Anyone know where we can go for that special night out after this? And please do not recommend the Three Lions a I have not been impressed by my dining experience each time I have been there.

We wish you and your family well Nikky and hope the future brings you the happiness you deserve. Meanwhile I am looking forward to Friday evening when we shall be there for my birthday meal.

3  Thank A B

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We have been here several times; birthday celebrations, Sunday lunch and just fancied it. Lovely menu with something for everyone and a very good wine list. Soft shell crab or the pickled mackerel? Well it was 1 of each and we split them. The mackerel was a perfect balance of sweet and sour. The crab was packed with flavour. Pork and lamb were the main courses. My lamb was pink juicy and tender and the pork cut like butter. The accompanying vegetables were perfect for us - not a limp bean or carrot to be seen! No dessert but a plate with a choice of little mouthfuls of delight involving chocolate and strawberries accompanied our coffee. Heaven and faultless!

1  Thank TRINIDAD-A-GO-GO
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We regularly eat at The Little Mere for Sunday lunch and have never been disappointed. There is a set price menu offering a choice of starters, main course and dessert......you may select either two or three courses from this selection. The rooms are airy and tables and chairs well spaced and comfortable with white tablecloths. Staff are happy and attentive. We have also eaten at many other local establishments for Sunday lunch, but have never found one that matches our expectations as The Little Mere does. The prices may be slightly higher, but well worth the difference. Wine starts at £16 a bottle. If you have a special occasion or someone to treat eat here!
We also have eaten here weekend evenings in both small and large groups......menu changes monthly so is always a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited Little Mere a couple of weeks ago for a Birthday Dinner, 5 Adults and 1 Child (aged 12).
We were greeted with a warm welcome. On looking at the menu, which is fabulous, I realised that for the child the food was probably a little rich, so I asked if they could do a simple dish of pasta for her, they did this without any question. The pork that I had was absolutely fabulous. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their meals with most of us having 3 courses!

We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We live locally but have never been to the Little Mere tea rooms, so thought we would give it a go. My 10 year old thought the chocolate milkshake was the best she had ever had. The staff were very friendly and welcoming,

The Cream tea itself, was amazing homemade scones and they were the best I have ever tasted.

If you want a new forest cream tea this is the place to go