“Experience not what I had hoped for”
Review of Arniss Equestrian

Arniss Equestrian
More attraction details
Owner description: British Horse Society approved riding school offering both lessons and hacking, with direct access on to the New Forest. Beginner instructional rides, mixed ability rides, and longer rides for more experienced riders. Experience days, pub rides, & special occasion experiences available. Please see our website or call us to discuss your requirements.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I booked a one hour ride in the forest and was assured that, as I am quite an experienced rider we would walking, trotting and cantering. i understand, having helped out at a trekking centre and ridden at numerous other places while on holiday, that you always put a client on a 'safe ride' at first. There was only myself and the ride leader. Yes, we were in the forest within a matter of minutes and the scenery was great, but on the two very short canters we had, my horse was very uninspired. On the first 'canter' I couldn't get a canter out of Russell before the end was reached. When I informed the leader of this she just said that we will be having another go 'in a bit' as he normally does canter. After the next short attempt a few minutes later when again Russell couldn't muster a canter the leader said 'oh well sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't' and she would mention the fact he didn't canter at the office when we got back. She said she knew it wasn't my fault as I obviously could ride.

I just then had to accept this and that was that.

So, although the stables were excellent , horses well looked after, lessons looked good and everyone polite I do not think the actual customer service was as it should have been for a promised walk, trot and canter hack. For £32 I would have expected a better experience.

2  Thank DianeandRay

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a great location for horse riding in the New Forest. The horses were all excellent and the staff were very well organised.

Slight criticisms ( and reasons that we did not rate it a 5 ) were that we never received a response to our email ( fortunately we are persistent ) but at other times they were a little too ' professional ' when they could have been a little more friendly.

Overall though we had a great short hack and our 5 year old daughter was absolutely delighted ( and told the entire kindergarten about it the next day! )

1  Thank ALBergen
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We're just back from an intensive 5 days horse riding lessons + hacks with Arniss having never ridden a horse before. From the first contact by email, then by phone, through the visit of the yard, then the lessons and the hacks, everybody made us feel welcome and at ease; the quality of the training was excellent, giving us the confidence to have a go at everything we were given the chance to try. To make things even more enjoyable, having the New Forest as their back garden is a real plus for Arniss. Thank you to all the team - We hope to be back in a near future

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was rather nervous as I hadn't ridden for many years and the staff at Arniss stables couldn't have been more helpful. Riding with a friend on an hour's hack we felt very well looked after and in very capable and enthusiastic hands.

A lovely place.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a lovely equestrian centre with direct access onto the beautiful New Forest. Lady that took the booking was helpful and polite. Staff on arrival smiled and were friendly. Sally took the two of us out on a private hack which I could not recommend her more highly. The hack had an excellent balance between walk, trotting and lots of cantering and Sally even asked us if we wanted to go faster or slower then all we need do is ask. We enjoyed lovely long canters over open countryside and sandy tracks and we felt totally safe on Mollie and Barney at all times....Mollie is a bit of a bumpy ride but a lovely safe horse nonetheless and absolutely bombproof! These horses were very unlike the 'normal' riding school horses - who are bored out of their minds - Barney & Mollie were sure footed and easy to ride but when asked they really upped a gear.....we even had a mini race!!! Thanks to everyone who made our trip to the New Forest so lovely Katherine Singleton, Oxfordshire

4  Thank Katherine S