“Excellent New Forest Hack”
Review of Arniss Equestrian

Arniss Equestrian
More attraction details
Owner description: British Horse Society approved riding school offering both lessons and hacking, with direct access on to the New Forest. Beginner instructional rides, mixed ability rides, and longer rides for more experienced riders. Experience days, pub rides, & special occasion experiences available. Please see our website or call us to discuss your requirements.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was a great experience and one I highly recommend. My first impression was a tidy and clean yard and all of the ponies and horses I saw, looked healthy and well cared for. Great care was taken to ensure my girlfriend and I were provided with helmets that fitted well; they also provide jodhpur boots if needed. Not having ridden for several years we had booked a one hour private hack and were accompanied by Jo. Not only did we not ride on a single road, we did not see one either. Our ride started by fording a small stream and then went straight up some hills into the New Forest where the views were marvellous. Within minutes of leaving the yard we had left all signs of habitation behind. Virtually deserted, we saw just one dog walker, some D of E hikers and two runners ... and lots and lots of wild roaming New Forest ponies. Jo was an excellent and informative guide and set the hack to our standard, which today was walking and trotting. I think Arniss will suit riders of all levels. We certainly had a great time and look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have now been riding at Arniss for over three years now. Mostly hacking out and have had a couple of lessons too. I am a disabled rider and I can honestly say that this is an excellent place to ride...! The staff are fantastic and are always lovely to ride out with. The horses are all well behaved and the staff always match people with one that is suitable.
The scenery is always lovely no matter how many times you see it you can never be bored of it..!
I ride with two other friends and I can speak for them also in that they love this place.
I highly recommend Arniss to any one..!

1  Thank Lindsay C
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My son went for a walkaround, his first experience of horse riding, whilst my wife and daughter went for a hack. Very well organised and welcoming. Hats and boots provided. Very good.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have used Arniss many times for my foreign English language students who ride there.
I have always found them professional and helpful and able to cope with French, Russian and Spanish youngsters. They are professional in making sure that my young students can ride before allowing them out into the forest for a hack.
This is important as I would not want to be phoning parents in Moscow etc with news of their child in hospital!
So I appreciate what they do - and am grateful they are near me and I can use them.

1  Thank UkPeachesandCream
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The 30 min introduction (booked via Sandy Balls Holiday Centre) was fantastic in that the children were given a tour of the yard, boxes, tack room and feed room and everything was simply explained. Hats and boots were provided. The tour was followed by a 20 min leading rein lesson in the outdoor school led by an instructor who actually gave instruction at the simplest level, appropriate to the under 8s audience.