“Great in every respect”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The George

The George
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Great in every respect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Thanks to all the The George we have eaten with you many times and had a few drinks on occasion too and service, food, and atmosphere have always been good! We love foie gras and find earlier comments about boycotting ridiculous.... Also love your comment Caroline about the review advisors... I wish it existed!!! Keep up the fantastic work! K

1 Thank kerry_dow
CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it really made our day!

As you see not everyone is as happy with their experience as you seem to have been.

We work very hard here at The George and it is so lovely to be appreciated.

I hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Very impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have lived in this town for 20 years and have seen changes with this pub/restaurant. I have to say this was one of the best visits I have had. The food was delicious and so much of it. Presentation was excellent, the staff with charming and the atmosphere was perfect. I'll be visiting more often now.

• Visited August 2014
CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, it means a lot to the whole team that you have taken the time to let us know that you think we are doing something right.

We hope to see you again soon

Caroline
“Completely lovely in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Staying with family in Fordingbridge and we were treated to a night out without the kids and were advised to try The George.
Oh boy was it a good recommendation! What a stunning place. Proper, tasty, beautifully presented food in a lovely setting with happy, smiley and attentive waiters and waitresses.
A couple of reviews on here seem to complain about the price... I'm gobsmacked! We had the fish sharing platter to begin and a main each plus a few drinks (wimped out on pud because we were both stuffed by then!) and it cost us £60. I think that is very reasonable for the quality that was clearly on our plates!

All in all - 5 star. Completely lovely evening and will definitely be back. Thank you everyone at the George.

CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we all work extremely hard and it means a lot to the whole team to get such lovely feedback. Especially these days when people so often look for a negative in everything.

We hope that you will come and see us again next time you are in the area.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Thursday lunch at The George -or Not!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We arrived at the George at about 12.45 and asked for a table for two in the restaurant.The lady in charge did not seem terribly interested and offered a table in the area with a fireplace, rather squashed, very close to another table containing a number of customers.
The restaurant near the river had several empty tables,(3/4?) none of which as far as I could see bore a "reserved" sign. I asked if we could have one of those tables and received a faintly patronising answer that those tables were all reserved. So we left and had a jolly lunch elsewhere in Fordingbridge. For my own interest and curiosity I returned to the George at about 2.15, four tables were still empty in the restaurant with no sign of of having been used!
On reflection I think this is a bit sad, we are local residents, Lover, and fairly regular customers of the George, liking to support local businesses . We didn't feel that we had received very good customer service and will not be returning .

Visited August 2014
5 Thank Ron P
“Appalling customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Called in on Tuesday and booked a particular table for this evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We arrived tonight on time to find that our table had been allocated to someone else, despite the diary being clearly annotated, as we pointed out to the manager. She did apologise, but did not seem overly bothered and did not offer us any kind of compensation for her error. She told us that our new table was next to it anyway. Our original table was in the windows with a view of the river, whereas, our new table was squashed in the corner, with one person up against the fire place facing the wall. Needless to say, we left and will never go there again! Appalling customer service!

Visited August 2014
3 Thank DebiTanner
CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello,

Last night I apologised to you, explaining that the mix up had been entirely my fault, and I felt truly awful that you had been left disappointed.

Due to being so busy, I had moved you from a table of four to the opposite table that was for two, as I was not aware that a specific table had been requested.

As soon as I was made aware of the situation I was on my way to offer you complimentary drinks, but unfortunately you were already on your way out of the door.

Once again I am truly sorry that you were left disappointed, it was an honest mistake that I tried to rectify.