“Great pub”
Review of The Crown Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fordingbridge
The Crown Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Fordingbridge B&B and Inns
Fordingbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Crown is that rare thing...a traditional English pub.....With roaring open fires, an excellent range of ales, and good food.
The change of management did cause some concern...but.....cast aside any doubt...the new management have not only kept the atmosphere as it was...they have improved the food offer.
They have thankfully not gone down the "gastro" route...The Crown is exactly what it looks like...a traditional English pub, in a traditional English town...and there is nothing at all wrong with that...All power to it, and long may it continue

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Southbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We took the family over to The Crown after a forest walk on Sunday.On arrival we were greeted by a roaring fire and the delicious smell of roasting meat wafting out of the kitchen.We in the majority had the roast of the day which was beef or pork belly while i had the homemade burger.The beef was a prime cut cooked to a pinky perfection, a generous portion with roasted vegetables and crispy duck fat potatoes and real homemade gravy,very nice.The pork was again a good size piece with crackling deliciously crispy again this was served with veg and potatoes and yummy gravy.Burger tasted properly homemade in a fresh slightly toasted bun with salad and triple cooked hand cut fries.The service was excellent with all staff helpful,polite and quick.I would definitely recommend you try and visit The Crown if your in the surrounding area you wont be dissapointed.Oh and the Timothy Taylor Landlord ale is a must!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alderholt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews, but The Crown was so amazing I felt compelled to spread the word. We'd heard it was under new management and that the food was great, so, as we're locals, we thought we'd better check it out. My family and I ate in here on Sunday. The menu is fantastic; plenty to choose from and all sounding so delicious and reasonably priced. In the end we all went for the pork and I can honestly say it was AMAZING! It came out quickly, piping hot, absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection, loads of crispy crackling, roasties, massive Yorkshire pudding and veg, absolutely spot on! We had pudding too (how could we resist?) all of which are home-made. We were expecting great things judging by the main course, and they didn't disappoint. The Eton Mess was delicious and packed with fresh fruit, cream and meringue and the sticky toffee pudding really blew us away. My teenage son said it was the best he'd ever had! A truly fantastic food experience. The bar and waiting staff were all so friendly too, such a great, welcoming atmosphere. I can't recommend this place enough. Of all the 'foodie' pubs around this area, The Crown ticks all the boxes and in my opinion is the cream of the crop. I'll certainly be back....very soon!

Stayed October 2013
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

have been there a couple of times since the new owners took it over. Our first visit we had stopped there for lunch and the food was really good so we have been back in with family, who were also really impressed! the new owners and staff are really friendly and lovely! We have a large family table booked for a birthday gathering in a couple of weeks and we're all looking forward to tasting the sunday menu! Also awaiting the christmas menu so we can book a table for that too! This pub is definitely worth a visit!

They have a facebook page with a few pictures of the food which I have coppied to show you, I never thought to actually take pictures!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I just can't find fault with the meal I had, in fact it is the best meal I have eaten in a pub. I had the Jacobs ladder rib of beef in a barbecue sauce from the specials board, followed by eaton mess for dessert. All carefully prepared, properly seasoned and served by friendly helpful staff, we will be visiting again very soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I got taken to lunch at The Crown by a friend (I am visiting from New Zealand) and wow this place was great. Awesome English pub with fantastic food specials. My burger was fantastic and my friends chicken kiev was divine. The desserts were out of this world and I love that it was all homemade. The service was great too, such a friendly welcoming place. Would definitely recommend to anyone and will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were lucky enough to stumble across this little gem right in the heart of fordingbridge, under new ownership, lovely people top drawer homemade food, the chefs are from the highly renowned ship in Christchurch. My Cornish mussels were the best I've had, a very generous portion just wonderful, my wife's pork belly was tender and delicious, proper homemade desserts Eton mess chocolate mousse to name but a few. They have got it spot on even a good choice of ales and Weston's old Rosie on draught. I'd give it 10/10 miss it and you WILL miss out.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MWST
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fordingbridge
Burley Manor
#1 of 1 in Stuckton
High Corner Inn
High Corner Inn
#4 of 21 in Ringwood

Been to The Crown Inn? Share your experiences!