“Friendly, good atmosphere and food”
Review of The Bat and Ball

The Bat and Ball
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
UK
“Friendly, good atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We live near this pub and husband has been there often - more than me as it;s very near his work and they had a superb Christmas dinner there so I was persuaded to try it too,

As a vegetarian married to a serious carnivore I was a bit concerned they would be able to feed me. But the choice for me was fine - vegetarian choices in mains, starters etc ...

And - the food was good, the atmosphere too. Friendly staff and landlord. Would return there and recommend it too.

Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
“Always Good”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have eaten here on several occasions and the food and the choices are excellent. We normally go on a Thursday evening and stay for the pub quiz.

• Visited February 2014
Salisbury
“Can't believe the complaints!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Came here for an evening meal with family and came away with smiling faces and full tummies! Upon seeing previous reviews I can't believe people have had bad experiences but I guess you cannot please everyone? Staff are extremely polite and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. My husband was particularly impressed with the range of ales including local brews. Menu is fantastic with more than enough to choose from. Would highly recommend and we will be back I'm sure!

Corby, United Kingdom
“Cold turkey? Cold everything.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have now visited this pub twice, by myself and in a party of seven, and have been left disappointed both times. It's a very nice pub, the staff are friendly and efficient, the prices are keen and no doubt the food is of good quality, but it arrives lukewarm and within minutes of hitting the table is stone cold. Look, I am really not being picky and I would hate to have the kind of microwaved meal that arrives at the table just south of lava, but surely warm food and plates is not too much to ask. If it was an isolated case, fair enough, but twice? To be honest when I took five relatives with me it was a bit embarrassing, having chosen the pub through online recommendations and impressed it's good points on my guests I felt doubly embarrassed.

Visited March 2014
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed.......”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have driven by this pub a few times and seen it packed. So decided to go and find out why. It certainly is NOT the food which was terrible, chilli with no taste, grilled goats cheese that was cold, a very dry burger and the baked potato had been previously cooked and reheated as proven by the speed food came out after ordering. None of us enjoyed the meal and felt it was poor quality and micro waved. apparently the beer was off and tasted "funny" as well.

I think the "packed" environment comes from the £4.95 pensioner meals and the regular darts and quiz nights - not people eating.