“Not too bad but could do better”
Review of The Bat and Ball

The Bat and Ball
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Not too bad but could do better”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I must say the service and atmosphere were really good. We arriged without booking on a busy Sunday lunchtime and tge staff found us a nice table with a high chair for our little one.

The food was ok, nothing special just like home cooking so no complaints.

It was just the little things that meant I didn't give it more stars. The menus on the table were dirty and the cutlery very old and cheap. Seems daft but it was a bad impression.

Would we go again? I think so.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We visited The Bat and Ball Breamore for the first time today after hearing good reports about it. It definitely lived up to expectations. My partner and I took advantage of the Senior Citizens lunch as we just about fit into that bracket, to be honest at £7.50 for two courses I wasn't expecting a great deal. However, my choice of scampi and chips was delicious, better than the usual scampi one gets in a pub restaurant. It came with a good leafy salad with a tasty dressing and lots of peas. My partner had roast beef plus trimmings and was equally happy with his choice of meal. We both had Pecan Pie for dessert, he had custard and I had cream. This was delicious and we cleared our plates in a flash. The only slight grumble from my partner was that the custard could have been warmer.
I would recommend The Bat and Ball and look forward to returning perhaps in the evening to try one of the tempting specials displayed on the board.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pub for miles”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

As the owners of a local Bed and breakfast we are always happy to recommend the bat and Ball to our guests we also eat here regularly and have never had a meal that hasn't left us satisfied and full.The menu is good and has a wide range to suit all tastes.
The staff are knowledgable and helpful, clean and polite.Lovely gardens for the summer.

“Great Place”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Really good atmosphere. The staff know what they're doing. Efficient. Traditional pub but with extensive menu including some surprises; great snacks (and 'senior citizens' lunch menu too).
Would recommend to anyone.

Gordon

“The Bat and Ball”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We've always had an excellent meal at the Bat and Ball. The food is beautifully cooked, well served and the atmosphere is great whether you are inside on a winters evening or outside in the summer.

• Visited February 2014