“Cream tea - your choice”
Review of The Fig Tree Cafe

The Fig Tree Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Happened upon this little teashop/café/bistro by chance on afternoon. What a pleasant feeling aas soon as you walk in you feel comfortable, there is no pressure to order immediately. We decided to try the Homemade Scones for tea. Was very surprised and delighted to be offered decaffeinated tea (this is extremely rare anywhere) as usually I have to have coffee as that is all there is usually!! Best cream tea we have had in a long time. Service is excellent. Would recommend to anyone and we need to go back to try the Breakfast and/or lunch as it looks very inviting. Very clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I visited The Fig Tree for the first time while on holiday recently having passed by many times before, and I'm glad this time I didn't pass by as I have been missing out on a great little cafe.
Me and my Dad had the coffee which was excellent and my Mother had a pot of Earl Grey tea which she also said was very good, the pot had a little cosy on which was a nice touch.
Will definitely visit again when next in Fordingbridge.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I've been a regular in the past two years really and enjoy going there even for just a coffee. The owner( so bad I don't remember name ) makes you feel so welcome, nothing is too much for her. Both her and the staff seem to get on well. We take our 2 yr old grandson occasionally as the food caters very well for him and she makes a fuss. I could say lots more but se for yourselves. It's a little hidden gem off the High St. You could miss it but look out for billboard in the entrance.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Didnt realise such faultless places existed. From decor to food and everything in between excellent. Customer service wonderful and many places should take note. Will def visit again when next back in new forest.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We chanced upon The Fig Tree and what a find. Yesterday we managed the delicious cream tea, and drove back this morning to sample the delicious cooked breakfast. Everything from the courtyard, plants, decor, customer service etc was faultless. It's rare to find such staff who go out of their way to help and to make your visit perfect. Thank you everyone. Marvellously quintessentially English. No idea when I will be back in your part of the world but I will hope not too long so I may visit you again :-)