“Unfriendly greeting”

The Stables Tea Rooms
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had visited the Stables tea room before with a friend and was so impressed I was looking forward to going back. I'm guessing that the Stables has now changed hands as the man behind the counter barely even looked up when he told me 'someone will come to your table to take your order.' We left without buying anything as we felt very unwelcome. Big shame as it used to be lovely, and as locals we would have been back but perhaps not now.

1  Thank VickieC88

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have eaten here many times - it has become a regular stop off when in the area - because of the quality of the food, prompt service and general good value. So when we heard it was under new management we feared things may have changed.

Our fears were unfounded. Pleased to report the new team has maintained standards and the food is still excellent. Whether a morning snack, lunch(with an extensive specials board) or afternoon tea you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

As a party of 8 with 6 adults , 2 children and 3 dogs, we were welcomed as soon as we arrived, we chose to sit outside. The place has been under new managemt for only 10 days, so staff were still finding there feet a little, but I can not fault the place at all, we were served very quickly and food was amazing... We all opted for the burgers and you will not be disappointed! Huge burgers served with potato wedges... Outstanding!! If you get the chance you have to try one!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Friendly atmosphere and excellent food. Seems very popular locally and is, therefore, busy. One of my personal favorites is the cheese and bacon scone with my morning coffee - perfect!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited the stables this weekend lovely setting! Great food and service, very friendly too. We took our mother out for lunch and our cocker spaniel Henry a great place for doggy walkers cyclists and families. We ordered burgers - now there are burgers and there are burgers! These are quite truely fantastic! Huge, homemade, gorgeous so nice to see homemade fare! we had the potato wedges with them with the fresh salad, just lovely. My husband ordered blue cheese with his - mouthwatering ! We all thought so. A glass of wine too, while watching the horses and donkeys going by - just perfect, a lovely place for everyone. We'll definately visit again more so for the stables being there