“I'M HUNGRY !”

Ranked #17 of 27 Restaurants in Fordingbridge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very polite, helpful staff, good quick service, freshly cooked food, plenty of it, Good food. Good beers.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently moved to the area and LOVE this restaurant. I have been there several times and have not had a bad meal yet. The food is so perfect I don't even have to salt it at the table. I have had several meals there and every one was a winner. The soup is fantastic as well. My favorite is the crew pot. Wait staff is super pleasant. I'm American so we are used to doggy bags, not so much in England. This restaurant staff is so nice they always manage to find me a food container to take home with me. LOVE THIS PLACE! Food is PERFECTION!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We happened upon The Ship on a Saturday night. We chose it literally because it was packed out, and were lucky they had a spot for the two of us.
The decor inside was inviting and the staff were very cheery and friendly. Initially, our waitress seemed a bit confused on taking our drinks order, mixing up lagers and bitters when we had asked what ciders they served. But, all of us started somewhere when waitressing and she did the sensible thing and went to check at the bar. Brownie points for that one!
The menu was not vast in itself, but the specials board was, with lots of interesting and appealing dishes, especially the fish options.
We had garlic mushrooms and smoked salmon and prawn cocktail to start. Both were good sized portions and very tasty.
For main, we chose the scallops which were just cooked perfectly and very tasty. The scallops were also accompanied by a good portion of well cooked veg (creamed sweetcorn was gorgeous) and saute potatoes. It all tasted VERY good. We also had a steak and ale pudding: traditionally cooked, plenty of tender beef and also very tasty.
I have to say, some people might read this review and suggest that the dishes I have mentioned were not complicated or particularly gourmet. Maybe not, but bear in mind that lots of pubs do much more basic menus badly and for greater expense.
Visit The Ship if you want fantastically well cooked food, served by cheerful and capable staff, with a great range of beers and ciders on draught all at a great price in a friendly atmosphere, look no further! I shall be recommending it to anyone who is in the local area! Keep up the brilliant work guys and thank you for restoring my faith in what excellent should look like.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Okay, it's a little worn around the edges when it comes to decor, but the staff are great, the prices are keen and the food is never short of excellent. I have been several times, both by myself and as a couple and never been disappointed with the food or the general dining experience. The chef here really is the the prime example of 'a diamond in the rough'.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

served about 20 of us and the food was good and hot - the evergreen menu is a nice idea but our group were very satisfied