My wife and I went to Cristal Azul with a group of 10 friends total and it was the perfect place. We each had our own cabana and it was extremely private. It is the most secluded resort that I have ever been to and I could not have asked for anything more . Zene and Henner made the trp even more unbelievable by making sure that everything was taken care of for us; We had a massage therapist come to the resort, car rental, surf lessons, and badmitton. Not to mention that the food (especially the ceviche) was out of this world. We had a wonderful breakfest every morning with fresh fruit bacon eggs etc. Ceviche and fresh salsa as snacks and unbelievable dinners from fresh seafood to beef ribs. Henner makes a fantastic hot sauce that accompanies alomst anything.
The vanashing edge pool had a remarkable view with unforgettable sunsets. I cannot imagine a better place to stay in this part of the world. It was extremely clean and comfortable and I could not have asked for anything more out of my stay. I returned completely relaxed. Getting there could be difficult because of the roads but we were given fair warning and chatered a flight out of San Jose directly into town and were greated by Zene and Henner. This is definately the way to do it. The drive I would imagine to be very cumbersome, but worth it once you arived. This is truly a relaxing oasis.
Our days consisted of waking and eating breakfast reading and playing games with the group while relaxing by the pool, playing badmitton, going to the beach to surf or swim. We would then start drinking and eat lunch and apps and go back to the canbanas to get ready for more drinks dinner and games. The Rancho was put to good use. Tons of games and a pool table that we played almost non-stop. It was so nice to be so far away and still have such comforts. You can not find a better view anywhere. I would definately go back to Cristal Azul; and I recoomend it to anyone traveling to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul is the perfect destination for those looking to step off the beaten path and experience what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. A totally private property with no public access, guests enjoy 180’ panoramic ocean views and the ultimate in barefoot luxury in a rustic setting. Prepare to unplug, unwind, and get lost in paradise! Great times are had here and memories of a lifetime are created! Four cozy "cabinas" guarantee there is never a crowd; each is equipped with AC, ceiling fans, screened doors that let in the ocean breeze and sound of the surf below, hot water, outdoor garden showers, fine linens, Raw Botanicals organic bath products, and the most impressive views in the area. An oversized, open air Rancho provides a luxe “Glamping” experience with an honor bar and billiards table as well as dining and lounge area ample enough for all guests. The vanishing edge pool overlooks six miles of undeveloped beach and provides a front row seat to the most amazing stargazing under the canopy of the Milky Way! A full typical Costa Rican breakfast is served daily and a chef prepares dinner nightly for guests in the Rancho upon demand. The only Costa Rica owned and operated hotel in San Miguel, your hosts also own LocosCocos (#1 Restaurant in area, #1 Beach Bar in Costa Rica; Lonely Planet)which is a guest favorite for sunset dinners on the beach. It is also a great place to spend the day steps from the surf with cold beers and catch of the fresh fish and seafood ready at your beck and call! 4WD and love adventure required too reach this area! Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only. For best rates, book direct! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel