My husband and I stayed at Cristal Azul the beginning of May and everything you read in these reviews is true! We found Cristal on Tripadvisor and because of the stellar reviews, we knew this was the place for us. Henner & Zene are fabulous hosts and made us feel like family. We spent 4 nights with them and it was truly hard to leave. They gave us fantastic suggestions of places to visit and things to do. They are a wealth of information for all things Costa Rica. We were fortunate enough to be the only guests staying with them at the time and they gave us run of the place. Every morning, we had a delicious breakfast overlooking the ocean. Henner & Zene discussed the night's menu with us each morning. Fresh fish, steak, chicken, anything we wanted for our gourmet dinners. The food was outstanding and they made sure our every need was met. Our cabina was spacious and comfortable with an incredible view of the ocean. And the outdoor shower was the best! There is nothing like showering with a family of howler monkeys hanging out in the trees. But one of the best parts of our stay was the tribe of pups! 6 wonderful dogs also reside at Cristal and they absolutely made our vacation! They made every day so much fun.
There are not enough words to describe how phenomenal our time at Cristal Azul was. You absolutely MUST stay here!!! You will want to go back again and again. Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul offers discerning travelers the chance to enjoy barefoot luxury off the beaten path. Stunning views and simple elegance await adventurous spirits in search of the ultimate in privacy, comfort, & tranquility. Set in a pristine and natural setting with only four ocean view cabinas and no public roads to reach us nor signs to point the way, we guarantee there is never a crowd at this private hilltop hotel. Take a step back to a quieter time and enjoy what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. Join us for lunch and dinners at LocosCocos, our surfside Cevicheria serving catch of the day fresh fish and seafood. 4WD and love of adventure required to reach this area! Private chef dinner service in the Rancho available for groups. Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel