we stayed here 6 nights feb 2014,,we like away from the crowds,,,this was it,,,the view and the service was impecable ,,the hosts could not have been more helpful,,they even took my wife and i to a local rodeo as their guests,,,dinners at the ranchero also were awesome,,great setting,,great meals ,,and perfect view,,,,the beach in this area is long,wide and almost vacant,,,the down side to many could be the roads in the area,,,dirt and gravel and not that easy to travel,,typical back roads costa rica,,,also,activities take a bit more work do to the roads...a 15k drive could take 25 minutes with dust,,but,,overall,,this place is quite special,,,not a place you ever would forget,,,did i mention the hosts?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul offers discerning travelers the chance to enjoy barefoot luxury off the beaten path. Stunning views and simple elegance await adventurous spirits in search of the ultimate in privacy, comfort, & tranquility. Set in a pristine and natural setting with only four ocean view cabinas and no public roads to reach us nor signs to point the way, we guarantee there is never a crowd at this private hilltop hotel. Take a step back to a quieter time and enjoy what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. Join us for lunch and dinners at LocosCocos, our surfside Cevicheria serving catch of the day fresh fish and seafood. 4WD and love of adventure required to reach this area! Private chef dinner service in the Rancho available for groups. Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel