Such a nice place to stay. The host are great and will accomodate you in any way you need. If you want to be busy they will hook you up and if you say we are good they will be happy to let you just do your own thing. My son and me happened to be the only guest which seemed an incredible stroke of luck as the cabanas are all by themselves. The food was great and make sure to try the french toast at least once. Its unlike anything we ever had before. Henner arranged a fishing trip on our last day that was fantastic and we even brought in some Mackeral that they made for dinner that night. Also make sure to go to the beach shack restaurant at Punta Cayote at least once. The beach expansive and completely empty of people most of the time. If you drive, the trip through San Francisco is roughly 2 hours shorter than the trip down from Samara. Although the views from samara south can be beautiful. We also drove to Ma Pais and even though it was bone dry you still have to drive through 4 running rivers. If you walk through first to find the lowest spots it was no problem in a Bego or comparable vehicle. If you want to get "away" this is a great spot for sure. Pura Vida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul is the perfect destination for those looking to step off the beaten path and experience what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. A totally private property with no public access, guests enjoy 180’ panoramic ocean views and the ultimate in barefoot luxury in a rustic setting. Prepare to unplug, unwind, and get lost in paradise! Great times are had here and memories of a lifetime are created! Four cozy "cabinas" guarantee there is never a crowd; each is equipped with AC, ceiling fans, screened doors that let in the ocean breeze and sound of the surf below, hot water, outdoor garden showers, fine linens, Raw Botanicals organic bath products, and the most impressive views in the area. An oversized, open air Rancho provides a luxe “Glamping” experience with an honor bar and billiards table as well as dining and lounge area ample enough for all guests. The vanishing edge pool overlooks six miles of undeveloped beach and provides a front row seat to the most amazing stargazing under the canopy of the Milky Way! A full typical Costa Rican breakfast is served daily and a chef prepares dinner nightly for guests in the Rancho upon demand. The only Costa Rica owned and operated hotel in San Miguel, your hosts also own LocosCocos (#1 Restaurant in area, #1 Beach Bar in Costa Rica; Lonely Planet)which is a guest favorite for sunset dinners on the beach. It is also a great place to spend the day steps from the surf with cold beers and catch of the fresh fish and seafood ready at your beck and call! 4WD and love adventure required too reach this area! Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only. For best rates, book direct! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel