We had dinner in elegant The Orangery Restaurant using an Itison voucher. We were welcomed the minute we arrived and the service couldn't have been better.
The food was very good, from the welcome canopies, the starters, the soup (my delicious zingy gazpacho deserves a special mention) to the mains.
I had a tiny complaint with my spinach which was gritty but my chicken dish was full of flavour and my partner's pork belly almost floored him!
The desserts were again beautifully presented, my strawberry shortbread was a thing of great beauty.
We then retired to the sumptuous lounge for coffee and tablet, feeling very full and a bit spoilt!
We have had dinner here previously and I was curious to see if the fact we were dining out with a voucher would make a difference. I am delighted to say it did not and we were treated as welcome guests.
A great value dinner, we will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balbirnie House is a quite unique multi-award winning country house hotel which combines understated luxury with superb service and outstanding value. Widely acknowledged as one of the finest of the privately owned small luxury hotels in Scotland, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit. Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balbirnie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balbirnie House Hotel Markinch
- Balbirnie House Markinch, Fife