Having visited the hotel many times we visited as part of my birthday celebration and had dinner in the Orangery. The surroundings of this hotel are wonderful at any time of the year and are part of the experience. It is a very popular venue for weddings so may be difficult to obtain reservations particularly during the summer months. Service is always good and the menu is varied and reasonably priced. I also enjoyed the maitre de allowing us to taste the wine before deciding which one was suitable for our dinner choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balbirnie House is a quite unique multi-award winning country house hotel which combines understated luxury with superb service and outstanding value. Widely acknowledged as one of the finest of the privately owned small luxury hotels in Scotland, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit. Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Balbirnie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balbirnie House Hotel Markinch
- Balbirnie House Markinch, Fife