Stayed at the hotel for our 7th anniversary, we go every other year as we were married at the hotel. The hotel hasn't changed much in that time which I think is a nice thing obviously doing a good job keeping up with maintenance as the hotel doesn't look tired. We had a few small issues in the room which we noted on the comment card but nothing that would stop us returning. Had dinner in the restaurant and food was fantastic very well made with lovely flavours. Staff were all very friendly and helpful in particular Arthurs who was working the bar. Look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balbirnie House is a quite unique multi-award winning country house hotel which combines understated luxury with superb service and outstanding value. Widely acknowledged as one of the finest of the privately owned small luxury hotels in Scotland, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit. Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Balbirnie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balbirnie House Hotel Markinch
- Balbirnie House Markinch, Fife