A 7 by 9 metre room with high ceiling, a huge bed, a separate sitting area and a lovely view over the gardens. What more could you ask for? Well a perfectly prepared 4 course meal topped it of along with a great breakfast. The service is great and the way the orders are taken for meals makes one feel special in this grand place. We only booked a standard room, yet were upgraded to the four poster room, I can only say thanks to the hotel staff for a perfect experience and we only wished we could have stayed longer. Maybe next-time for a golfing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balbirnie House is a quite unique multi-award winning country house hotel which combines understated luxury with superb service and outstanding value. Widely acknowledged as one of the finest of the privately owned small luxury hotels in Scotland, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit. Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Balbirnie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balbirnie House Hotel Markinch
- Balbirnie House Markinch, Fife