“Wonderful Local business for cocktails, a bite to eat or a Wedding”

Banner's House Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Markinch
Price range: US$8 - US$52
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ROOMS Five rooms all en suite one has a free standing bath in the room, all have spacious walk in showers en suite. Wooden floors with traditional rugs, walls all white, white wooden panelling, all beds king size. Apple tv/music/media system in rooms. USB and European sockets in rooms. Breakfast cooked fresh to order can be taken up to midday. Wi fi free throughout. RESTAURANT Inventive cooking with confident flavours and satisfying portions. We serve all day. Fantastic Coffee. Look/feel of the place is a cross between traditional Victorian dining room/Amsterdam cafe/French Brasserie. A local craft lager, Czech lager, local ale & German Weiss beer on tap. Proper cocktails and a small considered wine list. All sorts of food & drink for kids & high chairs - lots of shakes and smoothies. If you don't eat meat there is plenty of choice - way above the token pasta dish. You'll get a good welcome from us (and a bed for the night if you miss the last train home).
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Have eaten here many times and always enjoyed it. After I got engaged I started to panic about feeding my guests (some with allergies, some vegetarian and some just plain fussy). I emailed Banners and started communicating with Annie. We met up and managed to create a fantastically simple but inclusive menu for all our guests. They were able to provide gluten free options for myself and even decorated one of the rooms for our function. It made a perfect day even more perfect. We had also booked the no 1 suite (solely for the fact it had a bathtub in the bedroom, glad my usband indulges me). The room was beautiful and they had scattered petals on the bed for us. The bed was comfy and huge, no fighting for covers. I'd definitely love to stay in this room again, perhaps next year for our anniversary (will need to sweeten up husband.) We also enjoy visiting the bar, and Artur makes amazing cocktails and is always a delight to talk to. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Recently was given a voucher for afternoon tea here for my birthday and I can't wait to use it. Keep up the great work guys.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight at this hidden treasure as I was working in the area the following day. Wonderful welcome from Annie and the other girls were so friendly and helpful. With being on my own ate dinner in my room and the service was equal if not better than some of the bigger hotels. Room clean and bed comfortable with quirky modern bathroom. Room already booked for a return visit in November when working nearby.

Juliette B, Owner at Banner's House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi Sheila, we loved having you to stay and we're looking forward to welcoming you back next month.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

A person came to see me on the train from up north. On the way back to the train we went on for lunch. What a splendid menu, good, friendly, unpretentious service.

Juliette B, Owner at Banner's House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi Mac - thanks a lot for your review and we're very glad you appreciate what we are doing here. And yes, we are very handy for the mainline train station.
See you again I hope.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Have visited here a couple of times over the past year or so, and have been pleasantly surprised by an ever improving menu and service.

Our latest visit did not disappoint, and were delighted by the specials on the menu.

Service was extremely professional, but with warmth.

Excellent all round!

1  Thank scottchuk

Hello Scottchuk. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and especially glad to hear you say "excellent all round". This makes it all very rewarding for us, thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I eat regularly at Banners as I am in Fife most months. I've trucked around trying other pubs for supper and this is the best there is at very fair prices. The specials menu turns over almost every day, and the main menu periodically. Personally the beer selections aren't ideal for me but that's a problem all over Scotland.

Hi David. Thank you for your review we're very happy you voted us best in the area.

I understand where you are coming from about the beers - not being a busy town we are limited by the number of beers we can keep to a high standard. We sort of make up for this by making sure our small selection of beers are very different to each other but with four on tap you're right it's going to be a bit limiting.
Look forward to seeing you when you are next in Fife.

For the information of anyone else reading this we currently have on tap:
KRUSOVICE - a fabulous premium lager from Czech Republic