“quality of food served does not match the price!”

Banner's House Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Markinch
Price range: US$8 - US$52
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ROOMS Five rooms all en suite one has a free standing bath in the room, all have spacious walk in showers en suite. Wooden floors with traditional rugs, walls all white, white wooden panelling, all beds king size. Apple tv/music/media system in rooms. USB and European sockets in rooms. Breakfast cooked fresh to order can be taken up to midday. Wi fi free throughout. RESTAURANT Inventive cooking with confident flavours and satisfying portions. We serve all day. Fantastic Coffee. Look/feel of the place is a cross between traditional Victorian dining room/Amsterdam cafe/French Brasserie. A local craft lager, Czech lager, local ale & German Weiss beer on tap. Proper cocktails and a small considered wine list. All sorts of food & drink for kids & high chairs - lots of shakes and smoothies. If you don't eat meat there is plenty of choice - way above the token pasta dish. You'll get a good welcome from us (and a bed for the night if you miss the last train home).
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I had lunch here, which was good and a no bad price- around £8.00 for a fancy beef sandwich. When I went back for dinner I was really disappointed. £15.00 for a main meal is pretty expensive for round this area. Especially when what you are served is a total let down, I had to send my food back as the sweet potato dumplings that was served on my plate were inedible. There was certainly no trace of potato in it, it was just deep fried dough- totally disgusting. It's a real shame as this place has so many positives - cosy environment, relaxed atmosphere, dog friendly and good ales ! Bring the price down and make sure the food you serve is consistently good and we would be visiting this place more often.

1  Thank Discover467087

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Went with family opted for burger and chips which wasn't very good or filling due to the portion size. Salad was minute in size too. Overpriced for drinks too.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I am a local to markinch and have visited the restaurant on several occasions . The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere but unfortunately I have always left disappointed with the meal. This has resulted in myself looking further a field for a quality meal.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Popped in here on a cold January evening before going to the cinema. Great food. Reasonable priced and great service too. We will be back.

Juliette B, Owner at Banner's House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Hi David - really appreciate that you took the time to give this feedback. Hope the film was a success too!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Everything we chose from the fixed lunch menu was excellent and freshly cooked.
We got the last two bowls of soup. There were a load of punters asking for soup after us and were disappointed. The chef could easily have done another batch quickly to satisfy those customers. Anyhoo, the restaurant was buzzing with diners. Xmas menu due to start in two days. I reckon it would have been worth starting that this weekend (beginning of December), to pull in the employed punters. The choices on the main a la carte menu haven’t really changed in the number of years this place has been open. My advice check out the contents of the lunch fixed price menu before ye go. It would be nice to have a choice other than the a la carte which has always been a bit of a lottery with me in the past!.