All reviewsapple tvsmall hotelstayed heretrain stationgreat ambiencemodern shower roomattending a weddingnearby hotelstayed longerrecommend staying herelovely meallovely roomtea and coffeewould definitely stay here againpuddinggreat value for moneyst andrews
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a suite, which was one of the most impressive I have seen. The room was huge, perfectly decorated (Victorian style) and there was even a bathtub for those keen on bubble bath. The bathroom, was also quite spacious and nice with a modern design.

Everything was very impressive. The only downside is that it was a bit cold in the night, perhaps because the room is not very well insulated or the heating turned off at some point. Nothing to ruin our stay though.

I strongly recommend this hotel and its restaurant

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Nikolas S
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst away for work. I have to say that the service was fantastic and it was great that the staff didn't find anything too much and I really felt they wanted us to make the most out of our visit as well as explaining all of the local areas etc.

Francesca was a great member of the team who should be valued and we even met the owner who was very pleasant and welcoming. It is a very small place and perfect for a change from bigger hotels. I felt like this was my home for 5 days. There was no pressure to stay there for all of our meals and I really didn't feel anything was being sold to me!

I will be back for work but also for pleasure! During our trip 3 of us stayed here and were all very impressed! Great value for money and you have to try the jerk chicken! It tasted incredible! Well done guys!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

What can we say!!!! Joined my partner and her boss her Thursday 24th November, for a couple of days whilst they were down here on business. actually sitting in the hotel room now writing this review. ,!, The hotel is perfect, friendly accommodating staff, fantastic food and our room Suite 1 outstanding. Free parking nearby and nothing is to much trouble for the staff, it's a small hotel and usually we stay in larger hotels. But this has changed our mind next visit to Scotland we will certainly stay again.

Big thank you to the banners hotel!!, A "wee gem"".

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Room was a little small, but we had offered to change rooms, with my daughter so they had more space for our granddaughter's cot. It was, however clean and the bed very comfortable. Access was by stairs and I did not see a lift. Staff are very friendly and food is excellent. They adored my granddaughter and were very child friendly.

Room Tip: Front rooms are larger. Access is by stairs only. No lift was visible.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2016

We had a deluxe room for 2. Nice large room, but cold late evening as the heating went off. Nice bathroom but no mirrors!
Breakfast was OK but nothing really special.
Main complaint was it all seemed to be geared around getting as much money off guests as possible. We made an assumption that breakfast was included, but found out that it wasn't (who quotes rates without breakfast included!!?)
Although room was nice it was expensive and then to be told this didn't include breakfast made it worse. Also looking for a tip when paying for same breakfast.
Be prepared!!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Juliette B, Owner at Banner's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Hello and thank you for your review.
Firstly, we have now set our heating onto Winter hours so that it is on 24 hours and controlled by guests in the rooms so thank you for pointing this out.
Breakfast: There is a big variety on our menu, we used to include breakfast in the price of the room but this proved to be unfair as some guests left before breakfast, others had just a bowl of porridge and others the full works. In response to this we reduced the price of the rooms and decided to follow what seems to be the trend and charge separately for breakfast so that guests only need pay for what they have to eat.
Room rate: From what I can see your deluxe room was £95. I am sorry you think this is expensive, as you point out, the room is huge, with a private corridor leading to it, massive bay windows and beautifully decorated. It has almost all the luxury of our No1. Suite. I am definitely going to check about the mirror situation as there should be a small one in the ensuite and a huge floor standing one in the bedroom.
Everyone works hard to go the extra mile to try and make sure all guests are very well looked but I'm going to have a think about why you left feeling we were trying to get as much money off you as possible as whilst we need to make money, maximising this is not our ethos.
Our best wishes,