All reviewsapple tvsmall hotelstayed heregreat ambiencemodern shower roomattending a weddingnearby hotelrecommend staying heretrain stationlovely meallovely roomtea and coffeewould definitely stay here againpuddinggreat value for moneyst andrewssuite
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I've stayed here twice so far, and the rooms are clean and bright, lovely high ceilings and comfy white beds. "Kaleidoscope" has a great shower and comfy armchair, plus a couple of small desks
A great feature is the cafetiere and Spanish torta biscuit in each room!
The rooms are attached to a bistro, coffee shop & bar; and the food at the bistro is really good - fresh and with great ingredients.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jkdavies2013
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is generally very good. The food is usually of a very high standard and the staff are always friendly. On my last visit on Christmas Eve my main course was a bit dry. However, this was a exception to the normal high standard.
This restaurant is supposed to be dog friendly too and I've taken my dog on a few occasions.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2017

*Accidentally posted my room review on the banners restaurant page instead of hotel page but still a 5/5 *
Well deserved 5/5. Stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights in the 'Unicorn' room, it was as beautiful as the photos show if not better. The room was a mix of both modern and classic design which made the room luxurious to look at but also comforting to stay in, like being in your own home. Upbeat music was playing when I walked in creating a very nice nostalgic atmosphere. I only tried the Mojito on the cocktail list (because they are my absolute favourite) and it was probably the best Mojito Ive ever had! I had 3 and each time they tasted fantastic so the bar tenders obviously know there stuff.
The service was great from when me and my boyfriend arrived to when we sadly had to leave. The staff and management are very attentive and I was made to feel like a special guest and not like a complete i
I have since been back to sit and relax with a nice cup of coffee and the staff are still just as friendly, just hoping I can get the time to stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose the Unicorn Room and stay longer than you think.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin D
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a suite, which was one of the most impressive I have seen. The room was huge, perfectly decorated (Victorian style) and there was even a bathtub for those keen on bubble bath. The bathroom, was also quite spacious and nice with a modern design.

Everything was very impressive. The only downside is that it was a bit cold in the night, perhaps because the room is not very well insulated or the heating turned off at some point. Nothing to ruin our stay though.

I strongly recommend this hotel and its restaurant

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Nikolas S
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst away for work. I have to say that the service was fantastic and it was great that the staff didn't find anything too much and I really felt they wanted us to make the most out of our visit as well as explaining all of the local areas etc.

Francesca was a great member of the team who should be valued and we even met the owner who was very pleasant and welcoming. It is a very small place and perfect for a change from bigger hotels. I felt like this was my home for 5 days. There was no pressure to stay there for all of our meals and I really didn't feel anything was being sold to me!

I will be back for work but also for pleasure! During our trip 3 of us stayed here and were all very impressed! Great value for money and you have to try the jerk chicken! It tasted incredible! Well done guys!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business