Hotel De Bilderberg - Trattoria Artusi
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oosterbeek
Ten Boer
“Nice!”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Nice hotel situated in the forests of the Veluwe at Oosterbeek, near Arnhem in The Netherlands. The Kröller-Müller museum for modern art, and the city of Arnhem ("A Bridge too Far") are nearby, while Amsterdam is a mere 1 hour drive away.
The hotel is quietly situated and has a friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are clean as is the bathroom. The rooms are a little 'middle of the road', whereas the hotel in itself is more stylish.
I dined at the Trattoria Artusi, situated in the hotel. Italian cuisine of good quality and reasonable prices.
One comment: I find it strange that Wifi is still not for free (in contrast to so many other hotels I have visited that have all gone from payed Wifi to free Wifi). In fact, internet connection is rather expensive : € 9 for 24 hrs.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DocJan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We had an interesting start to our stay when at check in we were given slips of that were to be used for charging any items to our room. Then promptly informed that if these slips go missing, there will be a 75 euro charge! My travel companion opted out completely, I tucked the slip into my passport where it stayed the duration of the stay. Used credit cards in the bar & restaurant.
Room was ok, closer to tourist than business class but clean and quiet.
We also had some initial issues with ordering food at the night of arrival (it was late!) but after some discussions situation improved quite a bit and in the end we had nothing but compliments to give to the bar staff.
Overall and alright stay, but nothing to really remember the hotel by. Hence just the three stars.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jukka K
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

I have read mixed reviews about Hotel De Bilderberg. Some of the negatives, although fact, had no real impact on my time here. I stay in a lot of hotels as my job takes me all around the world but as this is a break away from my normal schedule (my own little holiday) I found the accomodation and the surroundings very pleasant. De Bilderberg is handy to the museum and the village of Oosterbeek and with the hire of one of their bicycles Arnhem is only 15 minuets away. I do not know the local language at all but his has not been a problem at all, the staff have been very accommodating and helpful with any of my requests. The room, though slightly dated (tiny CRT tv) was more than acceptable for my needs. I ate in the Mediterranean style restaurant and although a small set menu the food was delicious. I was here in the height of summer and even though the Olympics were on I had no interest in sitting in my room watching telly. All in all it's a great place to stay and I have enjoyed my time here in Oosterbeek. A beautiful place to visit.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Guybanez
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Large bussiness hotel. The rooms are ok but nothing special. Walking through the corridors it felt like a youth hostel. the hotel needs a very serious make-over.
I stayed here twice for a congress. The hotel is just right for the purpose (standard conferencerooms etc) nothing more. Breakfast is ok. Diner is very very average. Its food, nothing more.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Paul68
Wales
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed for 8 nights, on a dinner bed and breakfast deal. There were 8 adults in our group.
The hotel is in an excellent location, very secluded and very quiet. It was very warm the week we stayed and the comfort rooms we were in didnt have air conditioning, but if you left the windows open it was cool enough, we also removed the duvet from the cover and that also helped.
The breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and quality produce.
The dinner service is somewhat slow, but if its too slow for you tell the staff and they will do their best to speed things up for you. Luckily the food was always worth waiting for. We ate twice in the Italian resurant as part of our deal and the food there was better than the main restaurant. We wouldnt have paid the menu prices for the food, but for the deal we had we had excellent value.
The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. One evening the duty manager even offered to try and fix a broken bike chain, when he couldnt do it he arranged for it to be taken to a local repair shop the next day and delivered back to the hotel. This was excellent customer service.
If you are cycling in the area the hotel has a great lock up shed to store your bikes overnight and if its full you can take the bikes into the hotel.
Whilst we were there they had a number of conferences taking place and the hotel was very busy, but the staff always tried to make sure you were fully informed of when they would be busy so you could plan ahead.
We would definately stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Claire W
The Hague
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We spent a weekend here and enjoyed it. The hotel was fine. We came with two small kids for a familiy weekend/visit. My general opinion is that this hotel is not really suited for (small) children, unless you can go outside to play in the woods or on the lawn or you want to spend the day in the pool (basic). We felt slightly out of place with the kids in the restaurants and were glad that we could have breakfast outside in the sun. Inside everything was a bit too 'adult/elderly' orientated.

As for the hotel and restaurants in general, I must say it is OK, but not for that price. The hotel is slightly out dated and over the top. The prices are steep. We stayed in a hotel nearby and found the rooms better and more reasonably priced (van der Valk). This place looks nicer, but would be well advised to lower their rates to create a better value for price feeling. The restaurants were certainly massively overpriced for the quality they offered. The Italian food was poor and the food in the French style part was overpriced. Bilderberg should really look in to this. The quality is just sub standard (certainly for that price). The only positive element was the great chips they served.

Breakfast was good. Staff is very friendly.

In general I would say that it is a good destination for those who wat to visit Oosterbeek and its pretty surroundings. Great walks and cycling tours. The hotel offers good bikes for rent. For very young kids (that you cannot let loose to play in the woods) there are very limited options. I would say that it is a 8 yrs+ place.

Room Tip: On warm days, ask for an aircon. Rooms get very warm and stuffy. Rooms in the front are beautifull...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RobMat2009
Linden, Germany
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We are a couple that travels a lot in Europe. We stayed one night in Hotel De Bilderberg after bicycling along the Rhine. We had our own car. The hotel is located in a park with lots of walking trails. Parking was free for our car on site. Friendly English speaking staff. Hotel is large and has many seating areas and an elevator. Our room was large but without air conditioning, so it was very warm. The reception desk did have a fan which was so helpful. The beds were very comfortable, the bath had a tub with shower attachment and provided shower gel and shampoo. Hair dryer provided. We enjoyed a delightful dinner at the Italian restaurant on site as well. Breakfast was delicious. The pool and sauna were greatly enjoyed as well. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If booking during the warm months, try to get a room that is not facing the west. Also request a fan...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cindyfau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oosterbeek
Bilderberg Hotel Wolfheze
Bilderberg Residence Groot Heideborgh
Hotel de Sterrenberg
Hotel de Sterrenberg
#1 of 3 in Otterlo

Been to Hotel De Bilderberg - Trattoria Artusi? Share your experiences!