Hotel De Bilderberg - Trattoria Artusi
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oosterbeek
stokesley
“Superb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Excellent. this is my 3rd stay, and was extremely good.
Reception staff were very friendly,and the room was very comfortable.
The hot food was rather basic(bacon and scrambled egg), but the selection of bread was superb.
This hotel is a must if staying in the Oosterbeek area(much quieter than Arnhem).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank batman001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
liedekerke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We have been there with children and grandchildren and the staff was most helpfull and made us feel very welcome. There was the possibility for a babysit service when we were in the restaurant or bar/lounge. The receptionist had an open phoneline to the room and warned us when she heard the children. They also arranged a special room for us, where we could have diner togheter with the family; a little more private. The food in the restaurant was very good, the service even better. The rooms where we stayed were spacious and very clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast buffet was very good. The location was beautiful (in the forests). There was a swimmingpool, tenniscourt, fitnessroom and you could rent good bicycles.

Room Tip: Room 206 is a spacious suite, the rooms 210 and 203 are a little bit smaller but spacious enough. Ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Wirral, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

I don't recall ever checking in to a hotel and being told there was a deposit to be paid on a piece of paper that would be used to record my charges during my stay at the hotel. Apparently they wanted to make me responsible not only for anything I might charge to my room, but also for the process of documenting the charge. I would forfeit 75 Euros if I failed....interesting huh?

My friend and I paid for everything as we went along anyhow.

Elsewhere in the hotel service was good and we had a pleasant enough stay. The room itself was OK, clean and tidy and so forth. Nothing too inspiring but fair.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank VinnieVX7
silly suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

HOTEL de BILDERBERG, OOSTERBEEK, ARNHEM, http://www.bilderberg.nl/uk/hotels/hotel-de-bilderberg/
4* double room €109 incl breakfast. Booking made for us free of charge by the helpful tourist office in Arnhem.

We found Arnhem difficult to negotiate by car, and you'd be lucky to find a towncentre hotel with a carpark, so we opted to stay out-of-town and go in by bus.

This is a country house hotel in parkland, peaceful, quiet. Large free car park. Surrounded by lovely woodland, and ideally situated to visit the Airborne Invasion Museum one kilometre away. Buses pass the gate.

Helpful friendly staff, English spoken. No porterage offered but there is a lift. Rather surprisingly, they welcome dogs!

Clean, smallish room (101) with garden view. No fridge, no coffee maker, plastic glasses.

Desk with writing paper and hotel information folder, but no local/tourist info. WiFi Internet costs €13 for 24 hours – outrageous, considering it's free down the road at the Airborne Museum and its Restaurant - without even the need to buy a cup of coffee!

Bathroom had rather dim lighting, but plenty of shelves, with shampoo, body lotion, tissues and hairdryer – no face flannels. The shower was not very powerful. Eco-friendly policy for re-usable towels.

We didn't try the two restaurants, but had an excellent steak supper in the bar, and a fairly standard buffet breakfast.

We stayed the following night down the road at the Oude Herbergh for just €63 (with free WFi), and wished we'd gone there first!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lornemcd
Ten Boer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Nice hotel situated in the forests of the Veluwe at Oosterbeek, near Arnhem in The Netherlands. The Kröller-Müller museum for modern art, and the city of Arnhem ("A Bridge too Far") are nearby, while Amsterdam is a mere 1 hour drive away.
The hotel is quietly situated and has a friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are clean as is the bathroom. The rooms are a little 'middle of the road', whereas the hotel in itself is more stylish.
I dined at the Trattoria Artusi, situated in the hotel. Italian cuisine of good quality and reasonable prices.
One comment: I find it strange that Wifi is still not for free (in contrast to so many other hotels I have visited that have all gone from payed Wifi to free Wifi). In fact, internet connection is rather expensive : € 9 for 24 hrs.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DocJan
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We had an interesting start to our stay when at check in we were given slips of that were to be used for charging any items to our room. Then promptly informed that if these slips go missing, there will be a 75 euro charge! My travel companion opted out completely, I tucked the slip into my passport where it stayed the duration of the stay. Used credit cards in the bar & restaurant.
Room was ok, closer to tourist than business class but clean and quiet.
We also had some initial issues with ordering food at the night of arrival (it was late!) but after some discussions situation improved quite a bit and in the end we had nothing but compliments to give to the bar staff.
Overall and alright stay, but nothing to really remember the hotel by. Hence just the three stars.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jukka K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

I have read mixed reviews about Hotel De Bilderberg. Some of the negatives, although fact, had no real impact on my time here. I stay in a lot of hotels as my job takes me all around the world but as this is a break away from my normal schedule (my own little holiday) I found the accomodation and the surroundings very pleasant. De Bilderberg is handy to the museum and the village of Oosterbeek and with the hire of one of their bicycles Arnhem is only 15 minuets away. I do not know the local language at all but his has not been a problem at all, the staff have been very accommodating and helpful with any of my requests. The room, though slightly dated (tiny CRT tv) was more than acceptable for my needs. I ate in the Mediterranean style restaurant and although a small set menu the food was delicious. I was here in the height of summer and even though the Olympics were on I had no interest in sitting in my room watching telly. All in all it's a great place to stay and I have enjoyed my time here in Oosterbeek. A beautiful place to visit.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Guybanez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oosterbeek
Bilderberg Hotel Wolfheze
Bilderberg Hotel De Buunderkamp
Bilderberg Hotel Klein Zwitserland
NH Arnhem Rijnhotel
NH Arnhem Rijnhotel
#1 of 14 in Arnhem
Bilderberg Residence Groot Heideborgh
Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem

Been to Hotel De Bilderberg - Trattoria Artusi? Share your experiences!