“Short staffed hotel and restaurant made stay disappointing.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lunahuana River Resort

Hotel Lunahuana River Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Lunahuana
“Short staffed hotel and restaurant made stay disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel and restaurant were seriously understaffed.Meals were of average quality. The wait was painfully long for even simple orders of soup, beverage. One morning the restaurant staff did not show up and they were unable to open for breakfast until they assembled some of the maintenance staff to prepare breakfast. :-(

Oftentimes the tables were not cleared from the previous meal.

Rooms and grounds in need of TLC.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jeanette W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We had lots fun riding quads and water rafting. The town was ok and the people were nice. The restaurants are ok and the food was very different. Not sure how clean the kitchens are and how fresh the food is but some of us got sick.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jag1sr
Lima
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Rooms were clean, service was friendly and restaurant was not bad. Hotel has nice views, however, they are not from your rooms - they face a parking lot or ugly cement patio and bushes. Pool is pathetic - 1 meter deep. There is no separate kids pool, so the only one gets overwhelmed by unruly kids very fast.The property would also get a unpleasant sewage-like smell in the evening what I am surprised was not mentioned in the previous reviews. At the reception they looked like they new it was an issue and blamed a nearby house. This is definitely not a 5 star hotel, however it may be your choice if you travel with little kids and if the hotel addresses the smell issue in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

This place is not anywhere near a 5 star hotel; some of the rooms don't even have AC, the shower burns and freezes. The lady at the desk gave us the wrong price for our tours and we had to pay extra. On top of that when the tour people called the hotel to ask, they denied giving the wrong price. At checkout time they wanted to charge us products from the mini bar that we did not consume. The breakfast included does not even reach the typical continental breakfast) the service was slow, and the restaurant is pricy for what it is. They said the room does have A/C (it doesn’t work) but it does have the A/C the unit indeed was there, non working but it is there. Seems to me like they are not taking customers seriously.

Room Tip: Ask if they will provide a working A/C, double check the prices for tours, keep your expectations lo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Lunahuana hotels

North Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is the third time I've had the pleasure of being a guest at the River Resort and they keep on surprising me. They have added for example a Karaoke bar and it is great. This is the perfect place to escape the routine of Lima and enjoy the beatiful scenery, fresh air, and the company of your travel partners. The rooms as always were clean and orderly. We very much enjoyed the food at the buffet and relaxed by the pool. Just wish I had brought more sunblock, but oh well. If you're looking for the best place to stay in Lunahuana, with good service and that rural country style (Peruvian country style I mean) I highly recommend this hotel to go and disconnect from the chaos that is Lima.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I traveled with 2 of my kids and they loved it. They liked the pool and trampolin. It was definitely NOT a 5 Star Resort as they called themselves, because it was not luxurious. The Rooms could have used Air conditioning or at least offer a Suite with these options, I would have paid extra for this. I liked the location, right by the river. I had a massage overlooking the river, and the sound was so peaceful, the price: 50 soles ($18 approx) for a 45 minute massage !!!! It was great, I had one every day. We did a lot of activities around the hotel, like water rafting, rented quads, zip lining, etc. DO NOT use the hotel to book these activities, they did not provide a good service and it was twice as much !!!!. The room service was very efficient. The buffet was not great, they kept running out of food and not that great of a selection. They did not have enough waiters and took for ever to get a drink. At the end it was worth what we paid for, can't complaint. The kids had a great time and most likely we'll go back, but definitely not a 5 star hotel, at the most 3.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank VPonthemove
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Visited Lima a couple of weeks ago and we traveled out of the city with the family to Lunahuana for some warm weather and to relax!

It was my first time there and I have to say I really liked it a lot. We stayed at the Hotel Lunahuana River Resort and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed.

Not only is the Hotel itself and it's infrastructure beautiful, but the customer service from the staff was top notch! The food was DE-LICIOUS. Next time I fly in from L.A, deifnitely going to return for some Chupe de Camarones and that Lomo Saltado! Nom nom nom!

Besides the great food, the Hotel has some great services like the Sauna & Spa. I had a massage out by the river and it was so relaxing, I think I slept all day afterwards! Which reminds me to mention, the rooms are very cozy and comfortable!

The Hotel also hooked us up with a local provider that took us river rafting, on a tour of the local wineries , and we even took a hiking trip through the area and rode some fourwheelers around. Even played some traditional soccer with some of the locals.

Overall, I was very impressed with this Hotel and it's quality of service. Before we checked in we checked out the other local Hotels and this one beat them all by a mile, in my eyes.

Great Hotel! I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lunahuana
La Confianza Hotel - Lunahuana
Hacienda Hotel Guizado Portillo
El Molle Hotel Campestre
El Molle Hotel Campestre
#9 of 16 in Lunahuana

Been to Hotel Lunahuana River Resort? Share your experiences!