“Professional with a personal touch”

La Confianza Hotel - Lunahuana
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lunahuana
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Professional with a personal touch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were surprised at how remote the hotel is (unless you take a cab from Canete for 80soles, getting there is quite tedious). Once there, we definitely liked the place. Clean, calm, good service and nice food. Beautiful surroundings and easy to book various activities, right at the reception. The owner heard that we were looking for wine/pisco tours, so he ended up driving us around to some wineries in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jonas F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

La Confianza is a fantastic place to spend a relaxing weekend away from Lima. The rooms are clean and spacious, the breakfast is included, the owner is very helpful if you want to go rafting or zip lining, or any other activity. The shower left a lot to be desired, but in the grand scheme of things the hotel is in the middle of the countryside. Highly recommend this hotel, if you enjoy a nice glass of wine you should bring it with you as the wine from this region seems to be mostly sweet. Really good value for money if you like to just chill in the countryside.

Room Tip: The bungalow area and the A-frame rooms are the same, the A-frame may be just a bit smaller.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Terrilala
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My fiance and I and two friends travelled from Lima to stay here for the weekend. It was a wonderful weekend and we are already planning to go back in a couple of weeks. The hotel itself is situated in the middle of the countryside, with beautiful views from the rooms out to the Canete river, and only the sound of birds and the roaring water to keep you company. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean and we had the most amazing nights sleep here. Pedro (the manager/owner), Umbert (the waiter/bar man and general help) and Pisco (the beautiful and friendly dog, were the perfect hosts and were happy to do anything to help, including buying a birthday cake for my friend, whose birthday it was. The grounds are beautiful, and we spent the days and evenings sitting on a blanket on the grass and playing cards, listening to music up on the 'mirador' treehouse look out, and eating on our terrace outside our rooms. The food was great. And there is also a new swimming pool nestled inbetween the grape vines, that wasn't quite ready when we were there, but will be ready to use in the next 2 weeks. On top of that, there is a fire pit to make camp fires and a big brick bbq (we wished we had known this because we woul dhave brought some meat with us to cook out there).
The surrounding area is nice to have a walk around: we walked to the local village, went and sat by the river, went to a pisco bodega, sat in the plaza de armas and went to the local apiary to buy some honey. Lunahuana is only a 15 minute taxi away and there are some lovely little restuarants (we went to a great one on the plaza called PiscoPollo). We also went zip lining and rafting which were good value for money and great fun. Overall, a wonderful weekend. I would highly recommend La Confianza to anyone wanting some peace and quiet.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great - there are 5/6 bungalows (that we stayed in) and 5/6 cabanas that we had...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissNEC
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you wanna have a really nice time at Perú off Lima, you should come to Lonahuana, this place have great landscapes its near to Cañete river, you can do white water river rafting, horse back riding, or just relax from a hamaca reading a book . its a really nice hotel, for relaxing, a time off from Lima. Or party at the bar with your friends or family. Its perfect for groups or couples. They used to be an old pisco villa factory and you can find piscos marinados at cherry, mint, cafe, ask for the wild ones! their shrimps are their kitchen star, just Yummy!!! In the way to the place there are the Inkawasi temples, I recomment the best way to go is bus, just call the at la Confianza front desk and they ll give you trasnport and accommodations details.
LIKE!! LIKE!!!! LIKE!!!!!!

Room Tip: outdoor clothing a good book or good company
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

*The Good* The owner has done a fabulous job implementing the modern with the rustic. The cabins & bungalows are well constructed with quality material. The location is quiet & relaxing. The main building is really beautiful. The breakfast is small yet filling.
*The BAD* a couple things have been neglected, Comfort & Security. Although I am comfortable with a wandering loving dog, I’m not so sure others are or will be. When we arrived, the attendant warned ME that the dog was not allowed in our room. Once while the attendant was reiterating this to me outside of my room, the dog pushed past us and walked into our room. The attendant looked at me with scolding eyes and said, “sir, I’m telling you that the dog is not allowed in the rooms”. As if I told the dog to come in. C’mon man, keep your dog in check. Don’t ask the tenants to do your dog training for you.
The door to ones bungalows are of glass pane with a locking mechanism built into the door handle and a small gap between the floor and door. Twice I freaked out during the night as I saw a shadow creeping rather quickly up to my flimsy door. I thought someone jumped the wall and was about to rob us. It turned out to be the wandering dog sniffing our door.
Due to the door gap, I literally saw 2 good sized spiders crawl under the door (I kept one). I had to place a towel at the base of our door. They still came in. My son received 2 spider bites on his arm & I woke up to a spider crawling on my forearm. I was fluffing my daughter’s pillow when I saw something land on the ground with a thud. It turned out to be a live tarantula o_0 (I kept that one too) Installing a "Door Sweep" or a "Draft Stop" as well as frequent fumigation will remedy this.
The water was either scolding hot or cold, never warm. My daughter found a long hair in her breakfast eggs. I showed this to the attendant and nothing was done (no apologies, no discount).
The electricity surges every 90 seconds. No A/C just a broken down oscillating fan (it doesn't oscillate). It gets very stuffy very fast.
Signage is almost nonexistent. Good luck finding the place after dark.
I wish I could have given it a better review. I was really looking forward to enjoying my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank 2008Love2Travel2014
La Confianza C, Gerente at La Confianza Hotel - Lunahuana, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
To whom it may concern:
We are really surprised and we can not confirm the veracity of what is mentioned in this review, we have never received any complains from a customer who has suffered or reported a spider bite.

We are convinced that if a client or family member was bitten by a spider, he would communicate it immediately and such situation has never happened.

In the hotel we fumigate all the rooms every week and check them before our customers get in.

The posted photos don't assure us that these spiders have been found in our hotel and their type make us doubt about the veracity of the photos.

It's also suspicious that no client has ever told our staff members of the problems mentioned, also that this review is written from an anonymous account created only for making these comments, and that we haven't received any client in 2014 from Chicago.

On the other hand, in our hotel we have never received any complaints of the food, in our restaurant we follow all the sanitary and food safety standards. If any problem occurred, we would immediately change the dish.

We want to make clear that we are committed one hundred percent with quality service.

Regards
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

La Confianza was a great place to stay, the peaceful atmosphere, the sound of the river running through and the friendly staff made our stay just as perfect. We were lucky that the weather was just right, with a bit of rain and cloudy sky, we know it can get very hot in Lunahuaná. Room was perfect, excellent food and location made it special as well. We recommend you to walk from the hotel all the way to the river, take confortable shoes, take something to eat, find a spot and enjoy nature and the sight of no human beings!!!

Room Tip: Todas son lindas!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We absolutely loved this place! Pedro was an excellent host, his staff were very helpful and the food and cocktails were delicious. We really enjoyed the peace and quiet and the well laid out cabins at La Confianza that provided good privacy.
We were also pleased with the white water rafting trip that Pedro arranged for us with a local company. We were very tempted to stay another night but had to get back to Lima for another commitment. Would stay here again.
This is a place to come for relaxation, or if you are more active there are several local activities that can be arranged. We walked down to the river on a local road, walked into the local town Catapalla and went to a winery there for honey, wine and pisco. As it is fairly far from Lunahuana we opted to eat at the hotel for our meals and were never disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jillyjuan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lunahuana
Hotel Los Palomos
Hacienda Hotel Guizado Portillo
Hotel Villasol
Hotel Villasol
#5 of 9 in Lunahuana

Been to La Confianza Hotel - Lunahuana? Share your experiences!