“Nice hotel, but a drive to find things to do”

Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Caguas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amelia, Ohio
“Nice hotel, but a drive to find things to do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

A very nice hotel with a casino and a nearby golf course. Its not in town, but just on the outskirts. For thosew ho enjoy the Latin plaza strolls in the evening, its not there. Very much a business hotel.

Room Tip: No real views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dayhiker3458
GuestServiceManager1, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
Hi dayhiker3458:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the viewers and for choosing us. We pride ourselves to be a business, group and leisure hotel. We are conveniently located near major pharmaceutical companies and other corporate offices. Caguas also is close to many other attractions to explore such as great museums, The Botanical Gardens, theaters, great restaurants among other things. We hope to see you back in our beautiful property and show you around.

I remain at your service,
fbonilla@fourpointspr.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is a very nice hotel, its a sheraton, you could never go wrong with a sheraton, This hotel is located in Caguas, about 20 min from San Juan, Has a great Casino and great parking, located in a nice residential area. Noo great restaurant, but if your like me , Im looking for my great cup of coffee in the morning, a little expensive but very good, The pastries and pastelitos are excellent for a quick breakfast, service is good and hotel is very clean.

Room Tip: This a hotel just to have a good night sleep.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank evef360
GuestServiceManager1, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear eve f:

Thank you for sharing your comments with the rest of the viewers. We are pleased you found our location hotel and staff welcoming, clean and comfortable for your stay. I am thrilled to share with you, that our beautiful property was recognized by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company with the Best Housekeeping Award for 2010. I will share your comments about the X.O. Le Bistro with our leadership team. Thank you again for your stay.

I remain at your service,
fbonilla@fourpointspr.com
Ponce, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

First I pay for a hotel room looking at the golf course and I got a room with a view of a wall, I call i was move right away to the the 3rd floor to a view of a bad kept little river . The hotel really needs restotation and remodeling. The carpet in the entire Hotel look very run down, our bathroom was terrible the toilet had an ongoing noise and the fan noise was annoying. The a/c unit didnt work :(. We just came from a vacation from Four Points by Sherathon at Cocoa Beach that it was so nice to encounter this disaster. It was very below our expectations. I couldnt believe this hotel belongs to the Starwoods hotel chain.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank marysolc
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

Do not stay in this Sheraton if you have another option--which, given the location, you may not. This hotel charged extra for everything, even toll-free phone calls from the room ($2). When I checked out I found a "service fee" with "service fee tax", adding another $25 a night to my bill. The desk clerk told me this was for "lights, water, and air conditioning." Since the room is not much good without these "amenities", this fee just amounts to another way for Sheraton to pad the bill. If the hotel were excellent, the ridiculous prices might not matter, but it is mediocre--tired rooms, poor quality restaurant, isolated location, broken services (the parking system was down during our stay, which involved having a desk clerk sign the parking stub each and every time we exited the property). The two positives were the fitness center (fairly nice) and the comfortable beds. The staff was pleasant, but the numerous "trainees" had no power to help with anything. In sum, if you have another option, take it!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank nbeOH
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I travel to Puerto Rico often. This time, looking for an option other than the San Juan and Isla Verde area, I decided to try the Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real. Big mistake!! I arrived late at night and I had to park on the street. Security would not allow me to drive my rental car in the premises not even to check in and drop off my luggage, so I had to carry everything for about 1/8 of a mile on the street without sidewalk and no illumination at all. It was scary! Later on I heard that the casino visitors (not hotel guests) flooded the parking lot and often hotel guests have to park outside the facility.
I thought, “I understand, not a big deal it will only be a parking issue and I will enjoy the rest”. Wrong! When I checked in, they only had a handicap accessible room available. I was told to stay in that room, the next night they would honor my reservation with the room that I requested. When I went to the room, it was the most disgusting thing that I had ever seen. There was a chair bolted to the shower floor, old, rusty and disgusting. Skipped the shower that night. At least the bed was clean.
Following night went to the front desk to exchange the room. I was thinking, “it is only a glitch and the second night will be better. Wrong again! The employee on duty told me that she was unaware of any request to change rooms but I could wait until the following night to get a different room. At that point I decided to check out and take my chances w/o reservations and go back to Isla Verde.
The hotel employees were as friendly as they could. The casino looks like fun but staying there was too much hassle. There is a fairly high daily parking fee, a computer in the lobby that constitutes the business center. Hallways and lobby area are really beautiful as well as the main entrance.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank Wil93
Prescott, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Clean, simple, modern hotel with a fairly attentive staff. Nice pool and decent food at the on-site restaurant. No in-room refrigerator or safe. The gym is small but clean and features up to date equipment. There is a casino attached to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Norway, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

It's a small gem of a hotel, with excellent quality service. Caguas is only about 30 minutes from the San Juan International Airport. The hotel has a casino, and entertainment on the premises. The staff at the hotel was truly exemplary. They were always kind and corteous, helpful with information, calling taxis, suggestions for activities, and always smiling! Caguas is a good alternative to the hectic scene in San Juan. There is a golf course nearby, and views of a small stream. The coquis (tree frogs) will sing you to sleep at night, and you can even see the stars. The restaurant on the premises is just adequate, but there are good eateries nearby, and taxi service is available for a very modest price. The Municipality of Caguas has an artesan's feast every Friday evening, with eateries, entertainment venues, and artesans at the Main Plaza until late into the evening. We had dinner at Raices, an eatery just a short taxi drive away, where we enjoyed mofongo (savory fried green plantains, mashed), and a thirst quenching pina colada in their signature tin cup. Raices is a restaurant chain (there is one in Old San Juan), and the establishment decor will take you back to Borinquen's roots. Nearby you can also explore the Guavate area, with numerous truly typical eateries, and artesans. Check out ARTE GUAVATE (www.arteguavate@hotmail.com) where you can purchase typical wooden mortars for crushing up garlic and spices. I recommend this hotel for a change of scenery, and as a good base to explore other parts of the island.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caguas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
#19 of 46 in San Juan
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,776 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!