Excellent staff, good food in the restaurant, swimming pool, close to interstate, Casino attached
There were a lot of renovations happening when I visited in February 2014. The exercise equipment was pretty much all broken and there was always the smell of paint through the hallways.
If you're looking for a nice relaxing getaway in Puerto Rico, this is a great location. It's located off the interstate and has a golf course less than a quarter mile away. A few coworkers went for a jog in the mornings and really enjoyed the scenery in the surrounding areas. The area seems peaceful and the parking lot is protected by a security gate and security guards. If you like quiet I would also recommend getting a room on the higher floors. I was on the first floor next to the pool and there were a few pool parties and just general fun that can get pretty loud.
For service, the staff was excellent! I had a few issues with the TV and A/C in my room, and both issues were handled immediately with a smile. The folks in the restaurant always greeted us with a smile and were extra helpful. The only thing that I didn't like was the service, but it was just an adjustment to the way the service is on the island. I'm from Florida and you get used to the staff being very attentive and checking on you every so often, but there it's more about them giving you space and letting you call them if you need something. Where I kind of like that philosophy, sometimes it would take 10-20 minutes just to get our receipt so that we could check out. It's all about personal preference, so some folks will enjoy this method and others will not.
I was visiting on business, so the location was great because we could jump on the interstate and get to our destinations pretty easily. While there we visited the surrounding area, San Juan (approximately 30 minutes) and the El Yunque rainforest (approximately 45 minutes).
Overall I would definitely recommend this resort as a good destination in Puerto Rico. You're far enough away from the city that it's laid back and doesn't have much traffic, but you're right off the interstate so you can get to most cities fairly easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino is a short drive from downtown San Juan, and a couple minutes away from major corporations. The perfect retreat, with flexible space for any event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel And Suites
- Four Points By Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel Caguas
- 4 Points By Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Suites
- Sheraton Puerto Rico
- Four Points Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Sheraton
- Puerto Rico Four Points