“Wonderful Anna's Restaurant”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Anna's Restaurant was our favourite place to eat in Drios, Paros, Greece! The food was always outstanding! Homemade everything with eggplant, grilled fish, fantastic moussaka, everything was perfection! Anna is an amazing woman who is so full of life and exudes happiness and positivity! It was very casual and comfortable, as well as professional and superbly crafted and cooked. Thank you Anna and her staff!

1  Thank traveller57572014

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Wow Anna your chicken in the oven is the best I have ever tasted! All courses were delicious and Jack enjoyed your
Special Moussaka. Here is a photo of your salad before we happily ate it all, we will be back soon and have recommend you to our friends.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have written over 70 reviews and rarely do I mark a place as excellent. Even more unusual is when I answer "yes" to the question tripadvisor asks when you mark a place as excellent "Is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant?". To that question, regarding Anna's, I answer a resounding "Yes!!!".

We were in Drios April 5 - 12. Anna's was not yet open but preparations were being made, so I went inside to find out what day she would open. She said she would open either Friday or Saturday. I told her that I read about her restaurant on tripadvisor and hoped she would be open Friday since we were leaving Saturday morning. It turned out she was able to open on Friday. My boyfriend and I, along with a friend we met while staying in Drios, went for dinner. The aromas from the kitchen were tantalizing and the dishes themselves looked incredible. Anna explained the different dishes and then started bringing them over, one by one, always suggesting a next course but making sure we wanted to try it. We said yes to each suggestion and all agreed that each dish was incredible. We started with bread and olive tapenade, then salad, a stuffed eggplant (best any of us had ever had), and stuffed grape leaves. All of this was accompanied with wine and followed with a cherry/yogurt dessert. We all wanted to try more dishes but literally could not eat another bite.

The atmosphere here is a family atmosphere and the food is home cooked but that description alone doesn't do this experience justice. Anna is a loving, generous, and fun person. This is transferred into her food preparation and the resulting taste. The ingredients are sourced locally - much if not all from her property. Every bite was a treat to be savored and each moment there was a treasure. This was the most memorable meal we had in our 12 days in Greece (including restaurants in Athens, Paros, and Santorini). If I ever return to Greece you can bet I'll go a little later in the year and I'll be headed back to Anna's.

I gave out my first ever tripadvisor sticker to Anna after we finished our meal. I've had it for a long time and am pleased that I was able to give one to Anna. In return I got a huge smile and kisses. The next morning when we left Drios I was very pleased to see that the sticker was on her window.

Thank you Anna for one of the best meal experiences I've ever had. I won't ever forget you or the amazing meal we had at Anna's!

2  Thank morejourneystocome
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is such a brilliant place, Anna always has time for me and treats me like family....You always get the warmest smile and the biggest hugs. Tonight I had Beefsteak, white beans, potatos from the oven....all perfectly prepared locally.
Stathi is the new waiter and he has superb customer service skills and very personable...a lovely, genuine man.
Thank you Anna for making this a "home from home"...It's like walking into your own, mouth watering kitchen...
Bravo Anna...always consistent and always perfection!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

A warm welcome from Anna and invitation to look at the dishes she had ready in the kitchen. This is greece how it used to be! Contemporary restaurant that is clean and bright but with traditional Greek food and welcome. We didn't bother looking at the menu as it was much more fun to be guided by Anna's recommendations. The food was wonderful, plenty of vegetarian options so we had stuffed pepper stuffed tomato and chick peas with aubergine. I had a whole mini chicken that had been slow roasted with potatoes all morning. the restaurant is so relaxing and welcoming -We sat on the terrace with a gentle breeze. Chatted to Anna and she showed us one of the rooms and we would like to return to drios to stay sometime in the future. This trip on the KTel bus from parikia, via lefkes was a highlight of our stay on Paros.

1  Thank PJ18