“El Portal inn......has done it again.”
Review of El Portal Inn

and 1 more site!
El Portal Inn
Vallejo, California
“El Portal inn......has done it again.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nothing to address about my last visit here.
Service, food, the entire staff...... what can I say.
Everything was truly exceptional. Value for your money, as stated by previous reviews.
Everything is near by.

I would definitely come back.
-Much Love-

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A small boutique but comfortable Inn. Free pickup from airport/port and breakfast. Staff very professional and accommodating. Rooms cozy, quite with good A/C and updated bathrooms with good flow and hot water. Rooms include: cathode ray tv, mini fridge (not stocked) and older style room A/C (which worked comfortably). Staff very responsive: arranged laundry, friendly evening security, waiters attentive, any reasonable request was completed with a smile and timely.

They have a very small restaurant, please be aware that coming in 20 minutes before closing is not fair to staff and to have reasonable expectations for dinner service. Several restaurants are located nearby to serve your needs.

Parking very limited, no elevator, location is convenient use reasonable care when going out late at night: limited street lighting, street very narrow with speeding vehicles, hazardous conditions: broken pavement, uncovered holes, and other walking hazards. This is a small budget hotel don’t expect 5 star conditions but you will receive great service.

Room Tip: As for rooms away from street
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank edinstk
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here around November 2010. The inn is very close to the airport so they have free transfers. The room is sufficient for our stay. Clean and really affordable. Recommended if you need a good place to sleep after a whole day of touring.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynnet Marion A
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 18 May 2014

"Best Value & Comfort for your Money"
-one of their tagline in their site.

Indeed best value and comfort for a low-average cost. Very hospitable and nice staff. Helped us with everything from the time we arrived till we left the next morning. They even helped us find a church for our INC friends.

Very good wifi connection. Small rooms though. Bathrooms are very clean. Small CRT TV but lots of cable channels.

Easy to reserve a room. Just call the numbers on their site. They'll just contact you from time to time to confirm your reservation. Location-wise, everything is just a tricycle away even the seaport.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has a very good wifi connection. Not sure with the other floors
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ryeken
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Decided to try El Portal Inn because of the good reviews I've read from Tripadvisor. I immediately checked their site and found that their rate is affordable. I chose double delulxe queen room for P 1,075. Made a reservation through email. We were greeted by a very friendly staff named Sai. All of their staff are nice, helpful and accommodating (including Mila who lend me their charger :). Though there's no complimentary breakfast, we ordered in their restaurant which is reasonably priced. Room is A-okay for the price - nice bed, aircon, tv, ref, hot/cold shower. Hotel is near the BQ mall and Tagbilaran airport - just a tricycle ride. They also provide assistance on countrysidde tour and panglao island tour. We'll definitely stay again in this hotel on our next visit to Bohol. Truly 'a value for money'.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank YCA898
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Checked in July 24, 2013 and July 28, 2013.

Reservation: I reserved here because of the good reviews that I read here in tripadvisor. Just give them a call and they will reserve a room for you.

Location: We arrived in Tagbilaran at around 7:30pm. We rode a tricycle and I guess, most tricycles know the place. It's not hard to find actually.

Room: I reserved the room worth P1,075 ( i forgot the classification of the room) but since it was located near the road and my son said he still can hear the vehicles, we opted to get the room next to it. The room has 2 single beds, an aircon, a hot and cold shower and a television. And since the room is less than P1,000, you get what you paid for. We complained about the aircon and they immediately changed it. Yes, they changed the aircon instead of transferring us to another room. :) It would also be better if the blankets were a little bit thicker. On our second stay, we got the family room. Bigger room with bigger beds. Aside from the addition of a small ref, its basically the same as the 2 single bed room that we had at first.

Breakfast: It is not included in their quoted rate but there is a bakery near the place. Try their pandesal. It's made up of malunggay.

Assistance: They assisted us in our countryside tour. Also, they have good staff. They smile all the time and they even offer assistance to you.

Overall: Though I wasnt able to sleep well due to the hard pillows and thin blankets,i still find the place ok.

Room Tip: Better get the rooms without windows unless you can sleep with the sound of tricycles
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank odycua
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Reservation:
Asking about rooms and tours is quick and easy. Emails are replied to within 24 hours, and no reservation fee is asked. I reserved so many months in advance (we stayed there this week, but I made a reservation around Sept. last year), and I was given reminders a month and a week before our scheduled arrival. Changes about fees I might encounter during tours were also emailed to me.

Transfers:
When we checked in at NAIA T4, we were told that the flight will be delayed by an hour. I sent a msg. to the front desk to notify them, but it turned out that the flight is only delayed by half an hour. I again sent them a msg., and they quickly sent a van to pick us up. That very van brought us to the airport at the time we specified, so we won't be late for our flight back to Manila.

Reception:
The staff was very warm and all smiles. They were polite and cheery in assisting us. They also gave us details about the tours and asked about preferences. Any question we had were answered courteously. Even the security guard is friendly and eager to help.

Room:
I reserved a double deluxe queen room (rm. 7), and it was clean and relatively spacious. There was a cable TV, a big cabinet, a ref, aircon, and a fan. The heater was working well, so our showers had been relaxing. There were two towels, a glass, and soap, and there's also a socket for hair dryers. The bed was big and comfortable. It wasn't totally soft, but it made my sleep generally undisturbed. Our room had a window, although it wasn't possible to open it. The noise from passing tricycles could be heard in the room, but since they rarely passed by at night, it wasn't really a problem. WiFi was accessible in our room, although there were times, specifically in the early morning, when the signal was weak.

Food:
We only had breakfast in the hotel. My mom thought it was a bit pricey, but it was nevertheless good and filling. I had french toast with banana and mango juice while my mom had two-egg ham and cheese omelet with mango and coffee.

Tour:
The tours were quite affordable, but it would probably be cheaper if you get the max. people allowed for a type of vehicle and then divide the expense between all of you. The car we got can accommodate up to 4 people, but there were only two of us. Our driver was knowledgeable, though, and was the first to suggest taking photos in the various spots we visited. He would also talk with us about general stuff and was open to our suggestions and questions.

Conclusion:
I felt like our two-night stay was too short. That's why I'm planning to visit Bohol again sometime in the future. Without doubt, I'll choose El Portal Inn again for that next trip. :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Raitei044