“Good value for money”
Review of Sun Avenue Pension

Sun Avenue Pension
Ranked #19 of 44 Tagbilaran City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel a couple of nights while touring Bohol. It's not a bad place to stay. Breakfast was quite filling and nice. Staff well trained, although they wouldnt let us check in before 2pm ( we were asking at 1.30pm) despite the fact the room was empty! Having worked in the hotel industry, that sounded stupid to me.
But otherwise, we used their internet and PC for about 1hr, it was ok. The room was clean, quite big and bathroom above average,when you look at Philippino "standards".

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vendula S

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Helpful friendly staff, good value, clean modern rooms, spacious private bathroom. We did not partake of breakfast. Stayed 5 nights.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rusty R
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I totally agree with johnwayno that most of the reviews here are not geniune . Our stay here in this pension together with my cousins is just not as good as what reviewers are saying here....One is i dont really understand why their wifi is limited only until midnight....so what if guest use wifi 24 hours would their internet bill go high? i dont think so.so its its ridiculous to limit its hours of use since schedules of using it is not the same.
also, the place look clean outside ....especially at night...place looks cozy.but as to room? bed bugs will bite you....so, think hard before booking here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank faspacedttraveler
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Our family traveled to Bohol last December 2011 to spend our Christmas there. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and it was such a pleasant stay as we had very good breakfast. The service was fast. The room was also spacious and we had an ample space for our luggage. What I admired about this place is its proximity to the Tagbilaran Port and malls so it was really convenient for us to buy some food around. The only thing I don't like about our experience in this pension was there were some ants inside the room and it attacked our food. It is not advisable to have leftovers.

Overall, it was really a pleasant stay in this pension.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Shine m
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Spent one night there 25th march 2012 arrived got room 10 and decided to spend the night in watching the TV and then around 11pm decided to go chat to my friends for a hour as they are 8 hrs behind in the time coming from the EU only to be informed after a few minutes that the free wifi is not aloud to be used past 12am so no use for us who wanted to chat to family back home!! when I asked where there is a poster saying the WIFI is limited the man said there is no where written down its just there rules as people might decide to use the WIFI 24 hrs a day if they are not told to stop at 12am, but I got the feeling it was just cause the reception guy wanted to go sleep and was his own rule, I asked will the manager be in tomorrow morning so I can talk to him about the world and time zones and he said no he is not in, so I went to bed only to be woken by my GF saying she was bitten by some thing and when I got up turned the lights on I find a bug in my bed and see I have been bitten 3 times I take the cover off the bed and see the mattress which was shocking so so dirty not fit for a dog to sleep on, I then make the best of the night trying to sleep packed our bags trying to not get any more bug bits and by morning my bed has 2 blood stains from the bed bugs NOT mosquito bits the room there was none of them before the hotel says it was them biting us, by the morning I had 5 bits from the bed bugs and my GF had 3 oh we had twin beds so different sides of the room also so both beds had bed bugs in.......... then we went down for breakfast had a coffee and scrambled eggs nothing else so the reviews stating great breakfast are very wrong, check out we asked for the free drop off to the ferry and they said nooooooooo so I just paid the trike guy as its so cheap and left, leaving this review as seems the other reviews are NOT genuine or maybe they didnt get the bed bug room we had ruined our Bohol trip oh last we asked how much to hire a motorbike and was told p800 aday where as when you get off the ferry its p500 from the dearest guys at the ferry port so no idea what the girl was on saying even higher price....... we did hire a motorbike from alona beach p350 aday brand new bike so twice that price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank johnwayno
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed a night here as we wanted to visit Tagbilaran on the way to Panglao.
We booked a standard and the room was clean and bright, with a decent tv. It's a simple place that affords good value. The staff are very friendly and courteous and there is a small breakfast thrown in too. What we didn't like quite so much was the fact that the bed was very hard and the aircon made such a din that I had to resort to earplugs. Would stay here again if I ever visit Tagbilaran again

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wanderingoff
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My wife and I stayed 5 days and six nights in this great little inn.

The inn is strategically located near the Tagbilaran airport, port and commercial/shopping area (which are just a short tricycle ride or a few hundred meters walk away). Plus, an internet cafe (P15 an hour vs. P40 in the hotel lobby), a convenience store, several eateries and a Catholic church are just across the street or a block away.

Our room (standard double-bed) came with a well functioning air conditioner, a television with about 50 channels and a firm bed. Upon entering our room, we were pleasantly surprised to see - atop the bed - two towels shaped into two swans kissing each other. (The last time we experienced this was during our Nile river cruise in Egypt about 12 years ago.)

On the minus (though minor) side, the one blanket provided was a tad small and thin. The toilet with bath was a bit cramped (but had lots of hot water). No refrigerator also.

We enjoyed the free daily breakfast, tastefully prepared with brewed coffee.

Service was courteous and generally efficient. The room and hotel facilities were clean and well maintained.

All in all, a great place to stay and a steal for around a thousand pesos per day!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business