“A wonderful experience at Salsa Club Salud”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Salud

Salud
Ranked #95 of 1,180 Restaurants in Arakawa
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This fun salsa club is open Sun thru Thurs---7:00pm to 12:00 midnight and Fri thru Sat---7:00pm to 1:00 in the morning.
Altadena, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful experience at Salsa Club Salud”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Based on HoneyRoasted's review dated May 2011, I decided to check out Salsa Club Salud during my stay in Tokyo. I took the salsa class before the free dance session. At the end of the night, I had danced with almost everyone at the club. The staff were very friendly and so were the salseros. My experience at Salud was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. I would definitely recommend this to others and look forward to visiting again next time I visit Tokyo.

For more information, I highly recommend reading HoneyRoasted's review. It was one of the most accurate reviews of a place I have encountered to date.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KDN66

Tokyo, Japan
“Never a Dull Moment at Salsa Club 'Salud!'---Great way to make friends!”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Whether you dance salsa or not, and whether you're 20 or 99, it makes no difference. Everybody at this salsa club is so friendly and there is such a wide range of people who come to this club. Language is no barrier, because Latin music---and the smiles of people having fun---bridge the communication gaps.

I've been to lots of salsa clubs in Tokyo (most of them are located in the Roppongi district) but none can match "Salud!" in terms of friendliness. The staff here really go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. If you don't know anyone in Tokyo, come to this place and by the time the night is over you will know lots of people.

This place usually opens up around 7:30pm every night of the week (that's when most of the salsa lessons start---mostly targeting beginners) then the real dancing "open floor" begins from 8:30pm. Whether you like classic salsa, merengue, bachata or reggaetón, they've got it all and you can request your favorites as well. Weeknights tend to be fairly quiet with things heating up on Friday and the place gets really packed on Saturday.

They have a full bar here and if it's your first time I recommend the mojito. I know a lot of bars that simply stir the rum and stick in a mint twig and call it a mojito, but not this place. I watched them crush the mint leaves with mortar and pestle (talk about authentic!!) which releases the mint oil and gives the mojito its signature taste. They really go out of their way for you here. I also recommend the "matador" (tequila and pineapple juice). They also have an ok but limited menu (the avocado, chicken ricebowl is good), but I tend to eat before I come here so I haven't tried much of their menu. If there's anything I could find to criticize about this place, it's that they could do more with their menu (then again this is a mute point because the reason most people go to a salsa club is for the music, dancing and drinks and they do an excellent job in those categories).

Considering the location and the attitude of the staff, it's clear that they're not out to make big bucks at this place, instead they really care about spreading a love for Latin music and Latin dance. They always have a stock of brochures at the entrance which not only include info on live music events at Salud!, but at other salsa clubs throughout Tokyo.

Never a dull moment at this place. Make the effort to communicate and you'll find lots of interesting, friendly people here.

• Visited May 2011