Since the only other Englsih-language mention of this hotel on the Internet is on the Japan Karate Association website, any reader of this review is likely to be a JKA member planning a visit to JKA Headquarters, so here's some information that you may find helpful:
* This is the hotel's (Japanese) website: http://web.travel.rakuten.co.jp/portal/my/mapOperation.top?f_hotel_no=5322&f_teikei=
* Not only is the website in Japanese, but the desk staff speak no English.
* This is definitely the closest hotel to JKA HQ (maybe 5 minutes walk) but there are others not much further away. The much more luxurious Tokyo Dome Hotel, for example, is about a 15 minute walk, and - unlike the J-Links - is convenient to the rail and metro lines.
* Even for Japanese business hotels, the rooms here are small. Note, for example, that there are no drawers, so you will be living out of your suitcase.
* The metal doors make it seem very institutional.
* In late 2008, the room rate was less than 8000 yen per night, so pretty inexpensive.
* Make sure you print off the map of the hotel location, since even the taxi drivers at nearby Suidobashi Station are unfamiliar with this hotel. You might also want to use Google Map's "street view" feature to look at the hotel and its surroundings so that you will recognize it even if the taxi driver doesn't.
* There's a laundromat in the next block south, an important consideration if you're trying to decide how many bulky karate uniforms to pack.
* You enter the hotel through what initially appears to be the door to the neighbouring bakery.
* Amazing water pressure in the shower! Be careful.
* The staff will expect you to stay out of your room until after 3:00 p.m. when the cleaning finishes.
* You will be expected to hand in your key at the desk when you go out.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Livemax Korakuen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Livemax Korakuen Tokyo, Japan