We had a great experience at Hotel Chinzanso where we stayed for four nights as part of a group conference. Memorable. The huge largely camellia garden with a pagoda, waterfall, and many other features was amazing. We walked around it at least twice a day, changed with the sun and the weather. The hotel is a former Four Seasons, now independent, and very competently managed. It is kept very well as it appears to be a major wedding site, we enjoyed watching at least 5 different weddings during the Saturday we were there. Hard to tell as there were kimonos, colored lavish gowns and traditional western white gown in abundance. Breakfast which was included could be either Japanese or western. Both were great. Wonderful Japanese plate of varied choices, and truffled eggs Benedict with fresh shaved truffles. Our room was spacious and modern. Great view of the garden and pagoda from a large circular window. Great bath, shower, separate WC, and heated floors. Towels and bed linens were luxurious. Beds very comfortable.
The concierge who we consulted often as this was our first trip to Japan was so helpful with a variety of questions and requests. The restaurants, only some of which we were able to sample looked excellent. Excellent pastries and Japanese candies in the gift shop. We enjoyed an excellent quick pasta dinner in the Italian restaurant when we arrived late the first night. Although not centrally located we had no trouble with transportation. An elegant hotel with superior amenities, and a truly memorable garden. Great for a stay, and not bad for a wedding either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo is located uptown in Mejiro. While it is in the heart of Tokyo, the hotel is surrounded by our spacious scenic green garden, which gives the hotel an aura of quiet serenity. The property consists of three buildings: the hotel, the plaza and the tower; and a traditional-style Japanese garden. The hotel has 260 rooms, 36 banquet halls, 5 wedding facilities and 12 restaurants. The garden lets our guests experience the four seasons through its changing colors: camellias bloom in the winter, cherry trees bloom in the spring, fireflies fill the garden in the summer and the leaves change colors in the autumn. Please come and see why so many of our guests are awed by the changes of the seasons in the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Fastbooking, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Tokyo At Chinzan-So
- Four Seasons Bunkyo
- Four Seasons Hotel Bunkyo
- Four Seasons Tokyo
- Bunkyo Four Seasons
- Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo Japan