“Welcome in Italy”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Yotsuya / Iidabashi
“Welcome in Italy”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

When you enter in this restaurant you forget to be in Japan,
Everything is like in Italy.
Wonderful food, excellent service by an italian team superb,
And Elio is one of the best host on this planet.
Thank You for the wonderful time.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jenovese

• Hebrew first
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
“true italian taste in Tokyo, SUPER service”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After many weeks in Tokyo, as an italian and a vegetarian, I was starting to feel somehow out of place with regards to food.
Elio has turned this around, with excellent and truly italian food, coupled with friendly and professional service, which made me feel at home.
All dishes are made to the italian taste and Elio's "vertical integration" (he has a dairy products facility in Japan) ensures freshness of the ingredients.
DEFINITELY reccommended, for lonely travellers, couples and business meals.
For a quicker bite, on the other side of Kojimachi, the "Panetteria" offers a few seats where express-made food won't make you regret your choice.
Super-friendly service here as well.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Antonio P
Matsusaka, Japan
“Serendipitous Fortune”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I gave this restaurant 5 stars, which is something I almost never do. Allow me to justify this below:

I found the restaurant through the TripAdvisor application for Android. I happened to be in the area, and was pleasantly surprised at the price : rating ratio of a restaurant that was, in fact, only a few hundred meters from where I stood.

Upon my arrival at 18:15, the restaurant was practically empty. I was wearing shorts and had a mango-frappachino stain on my golf-shirt. The point is, I was not looking classy. They asked whether I had a reservation, to which I replied I did not. I was told that due to being fully booked, they could only accommodate me for an hour and half, which is fair in my opinion. Then, I was asked to wipe my feet, which were wet from the rain, before proceeding upstairs.

Shortly after being seated an classically charismatic Italian waiter presented me with a bread basket, and to my surprise a generous tasting of champagne on the house. Due to strict code of morals regarding alcohol, I accepted the champagne.

I ordered a spicy salami pasta, a specialty dish of the restaurant, and it was presented in less than 10 minutes! The meal itself was good. I've never been to Italy, so I can't vouch for it's authenticity; but it was certainly delicious enough for me to want to come back again; and the service as you'll see continued to be absolutely amazing service.

Within 20 minutes of me ordering my food, the restaurant was packed to capacity. I couldn't believe it. It was around this time that I started feeling very under-dressed. Every other male around me had, at least a shirt, if not a suit.

Since I was alone, I expected the staff to be preoccupied with the horde of new guests that had arrived, but I was really surprised at how attentive the staff were, despite being so full.

On a whim I asked for a dessert menu before leaving, and I was shocked when the waiter presented me, not with a menu, but with a splendidly arranged dessert trolley to choose from. Once I had selected the almond tart, he sliced and served it to me right then and there.

As if this isn't impressive enough, on my way out, the lady behind the counter announced she would waived their usual 10% service charge because I had stayed at the restaurant for such a short period of time.

I find it hard to believe this is standard business for them. If so, I hope their business model catches on. As a customer, I felt like I won.

Needless to say, I plan to bring my wife next time we're in Tokyo!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Eric M
South Florida
“Good Italian fare with great service in Tokyo”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you need a break from Japanese food while on vacation in Tokyo, this is a great spot! Service that makes you feel like family, nice menu, reasonable wines, good to excellent food!
Ask for Roberto or Luciano!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank lauderdaletraveler
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“Amazing beef”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

18 years of successes in Japan mean that the restaurant has a solid and consolidated offer of high quality, mostly organic delicious food.
Elio served us also his freshly made Hokkaido mozzarella, birra ya and ricotta, his new venture in order to keep in serving the freshest products.
The beef, from Kumamoto, was also amazing.
A perfect dinner